San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dianetics Commercial

Go down 
+7
ANONdur
A Noun? A Miss!
For_the_People
Anonagi
Char Aznable
scarletbanner
anonsoldier
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

Dianetics Commercial Empty
PostSubject: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:35 am

So, has anyone else seen this? Showed up just now on TV, Bravo, 1:30AM.

Has picture of mountain climbers and some text about conquering something, picture of divers and text about conquering darkest depths, then "How do you conquer your fears?", explodey volcano, dianetics.org shows up on screen.

Friggin hell, $cilons on my TV?
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 8:03 am

I've seen it on the History Channel.
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:03 am

scarletbanner wrote:

Wat time!? I fukn lurk history channel and I have not seen it all day! Is it an early morning shit?
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:09 am

Anon Char wrote:
scarletbanner wrote:

Wat time!? I fukn lurk history channel and I have not seen it all day! Is it an early morning shit?
It was on Thursday around 10 AM.. during a show about Charlie Wilson (right before a show about the epic Red Mafia).
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 am

scarletbanner wrote:
Anon Char wrote:
scarletbanner wrote:

It was on Thursday around 10 AM.. during a show about Charlie Wilson (right before a show about the epic Red Mafia).

Damit I was watching it too!
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Because we all know the only reason you'd be watching infomercials at 3 in the morning is because you need the help that only Dianetics can provide, amirite?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:28 pm

you speak words of wisdom
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:43 pm

Eh, the first step for any product that's starting to lose market share is to do an advertising blitz (this has shown up nationally on the Sci-Fi Channel as well). They're so damned downstat they're resorting to paying outside eyes (re: advertising agencies) to trick people in. It's sort of like the USMC, except everyone knows the Marine Corps commercials are purposely overstated...

And the funny thing is that the Marine Corps, which openly and admittedly resocializes its recruits, treats said recruits better than the Scientologists treat their raw meat...
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:44 pm

anyone have a link as of yet?
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:48 pm

For_the_People wrote:
anyone have a link as of yet?
Only thing on YouTube is some guy complaining about it and a lame singy three minute affair.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:23 am

Wait a minute, I think I was watching the Charly wilson thing when it was either friday or thursday.

Was it attempt to raise stats?
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 12:02 am

What isn't an attempt to raise stats?

How my thinking goes is like this: when the raids started, the Corporation passed the plate around the currently faithful, trying to milk them for more cash to fill the war chest and upstat on book sales.

That has, apparently, been less than successful. Note the low rate of sales of Dianetics, and compare to the massive upstat success that was, say, Battlefield Earth.

While they haven't milked their current flock dry, they're figuring they can't keep upstat based on selling inside the cult itself. Therefore, they need fresh meat; therefore, a recruitment drive (like what's going down on Saturday) and an attempt to take in more people en passant via Dianetics. The problem with that is that Scientology is generally already widely considered to be a whacko UFO cult.

Right now, our task (if we want to think strategically) is twofold: one, innoculate the populace via information. Two, actively disrupt $CN attempts to recruit via raids whenever possible. So far, we are being quite effective at both, especially the latter, as we now know how to shut down the local Org pretty much at will.

Mission one, on the other hand, is ongoing and is probably best served not only by raids but also all of our viral marketing techniques, with emphasis on populations that would be succeptible to cults: people looking for meaning, the sick, so on and so forth.

Consider $cientology to be a disease, apply epidemiology, and we will win.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 pm

1 Dianetics.org commercial on Discovery Channel at 4:48~453 PM this wednsday during "Deadliest Catch" reruns.

Fucking looked like a special then it goes in "But what about conquering Self doubt?" then it shits a volcano and
Code:
dianetics.org
*exact font* in the end.

NOT MY DISCOVERY CHANNEL. EVER!

Last edited by Anon Char on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:39 pm

"then it shits a volcano"

I like that. It needs to be incorporated somewhere, maybe to say that something has become Obviously Clammy.

"Well, it seemed like a perfectly normal booth at the mall, but then it shat a volcano and tried to hook me up to an e-meter."
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:43 pm

lol nice, we need to propogate that
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:42 pm

A Noun? A Miss! wrote:
"then it shits a volcano"

I like that. It needs to be incorporated somewhere, maybe to say that something has become Obviously Clammy.

"Well, it seemed like a perfectly normal booth at the mall, but then it shat a volcano and tried to hook me up to an e-meter."

AH HAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
gargy
OT 6
gargy

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 am

have you read the story of the 'dianetics campaign' that was done in the 80s? you can find it here: http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com

could the ads be old ones or do they look like newly made ones? can you tell?

i've also seen people complaining about them in comments on news stories. it's amazing how upset people are to see a dianetics ad in this day and age. the climate is so very anti-scn that folks are pissed that their favorite channel would run these ads. can you say letter writing campaign?
Back to top Go down
http://askthescientologist.blogspot.com
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:19 am

gargy wrote:
have you read the story of the 'dianetics campaign' that was done in the 80s? you can find it here: http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com

i've also seen people complaining about them in comments on news stories. it's amazing how upset people are to see a dianetics ad in this day and age. the climate is so very anti-scn that folks are pissed that their favorite channel would run these ads. can you say letter writing campaign?
Newly made.. the volcano's all CGI and shit.

And poorly done at that.. I saw it again sometime last night and I could see it's poly's. Lame ass scilons don't know how to smoth it or about poly bending.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:27 pm

gargy wrote:

It feels like I'm watching some sort of Coleman college or ITT Tech commercial.

The overall grain feels like it was made during the years that "Dancing Baby" phenomenon was made, or a really bad version of 3DS MAX.

I will say it again, after the "But what about conquering self doubt?" It shat a Volcano. then
Code:
dianetics.org
in that exact font
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 1:23 pm

gargy wrote:
letter writing campaign?
"Letter writing campaign."

Good, I knew you could! [/Mister Rogers]

I can even say "Letter writing campaign emphasizing on how I'm so offended $channel would take Scieno blood money that I'll never watch it again and will tell my friends to do the same." The backlash from the other sponsors would be so severe it'd cow the channel to denying one advertiser to keep the rest.

Argh, I fail at the internet. Where are the phone numbers and addresses to complain to?
Back to top Go down
gargy
OT 6
gargy

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:25 pm

A Noun? A Miss! wrote:
gargy wrote:
letter writing campaign?
"Letter writing campaign."

Good, I knew you could! [/Mister Rogers]

I can even say "Letter writing campaign emphasizing on how I'm so offended $channel would take Scieno blood money that I'll never watch it again and will tell my friends to do the same." The backlash from the other sponsors would be so severe it'd cow the channel to denying one advertiser to keep the rest.

Argh, I fail at the internet. Where are the phone numbers and addresses to complain to?

you are exactly right (write?). try this:

http://www.cjr.org/resources/
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:34 pm

Maybe they're afraid to apply smoothing to any of their graphics because we know what happened the LAST time they did that on a release.

Seriously - this reeks of desparation on their part. We've beaten them on every venue:

Google
Adsense
Youtube
CRAIGSLIST (My god, they're resorting to that?)

Now the only thing they can do is Dianetics ads on TV.

This might actually be a push to counter their low book sales (2200, down from 36,000 last year) as a direct result of Anonymous' actions.

I saw one on the history channel at 3:40 in the morning. I shat a volcano.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
gargy
OT 6
gargy

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:36 pm

here's another one
http://www.nowfoundation.org/issues/communications/tv/mediacontrol.html
edit: another site that shows who owns what
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:10 pm

Anonagi wrote:
I shat a volcano.
# COMMENCING JOKE IN 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

HE'S NOT ONE OF US.
Dianetics Commercial Evil-monkey

# JOKE COMPLETE

Bah, don't misuse the phrase before we've even promulgated it beyond this thread. Sad

And thanks, gargy, this'll come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Precisely at 3:38 PM PST DST during a History Channel documentary on Andrew Jackson (at part when they mention he was the only president to pay off the national debt) Another Dianetics commercial was shat.

FUCK YOU SCIENTOLOGY! WHEN I SEE YOU ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL IS UNDER A SPECIAL ON CULTS LIKE YOU WITH THE LIKES OF WACO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dianetics Commercial   Dianetics Commercial Empty

Back to top Go down

Dianetics Commercial
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next