San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08

Go down 
+3
A Noun? A Miss!
Char Aznable
Anonagi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 Empty
PostSubject: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Several things to go over in this one:

1) Marcab Invasion
2) Raid on the Flag World Tour
3) Pre-Flag raid on Friday (Tommorrow)
4) July 12th Protest
5) Gay Parade at the end of July
6) Spies and witch hunts
7) Code of conduct for the next protest

For those that are seeing this in the portal, it's important to read this. There IS no TL;DR.

1) Marcab Invasion - Things are looking well on that front. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far - I'll update the site with the amount that was donated IRL during Sea Arrrrgh if I can figure out how to reconfigure the widget to work properly.

I'm also meeting with a few Comic-Con execs this week to make sure things go off without a hitch.

I need a few people that want to help me spread the info to other decentralized anonymous cells. PM me if you're interested.

As a reminder, be sure to check out the store - a few people have ordered merchandise and the feedback has been fantastic on it. I ordered a few things myself and will post pictures when I get them.

2) Check out the flash raid section - We're raiding Flag World Tour downtown on Saturday. There are going to be OTs there and you must be on your guard as this one will be very serious and could potentially be dangerous. I sugguest you all watch Mark Bunker's "MAD Picket" video that just got uploaded to the XENUTV account on Youtube. While it may not nearly be as this bad, we should prepare for it. We have a few people coming down from Los Angeles for this one hopefully, and I'm trying to get Mark Bunker or Tory Christman to come down as well.

3) All the OTs will be in town on Friday, so we're doing a raid at the ORG there. Details forthcoming in the next few hours or by tommorrow morning - we're planning this one FAST.

4) July 12th's theme is Spy Vs Sci, with the OSA the subject of parody and ridicule this time around. Protest gear is spy related, although feel free to dress down and look like Magnum PI if you don't want to wear a suit as it may be hot that day. We're planning a few flash raids before then with a creative flyering campaign that will REALLY draw the public's attention to this - it's epic, and no other city has done it as far as I know. San Diego gets stuff done.

I'll have the 12th's section of the forums up and running shortly - we're keeping most of the info on here instead of on Enturb with the major points crossposted. I'm stuck on Dialup at the moment so that's why no upgrades are being done.

5) MarcabEmpress from Hollywood, myself, and XenuBarb are talking to try and organize a flash raid/demonstration at the Gay Parade on July 19th - July is going to be a busy month for San Diego. I need to get her set up on these forums to post relevant info but the raid conducted at Hollywood's gay parade event was amazing in the amount of support it drummed up. MarcabEmpress and Xenubarb are the main planners on this one as I'm focusing everything on Marcab Invasion (six weeks to go!)

6) There have been rumors going around that we have spies at our protests and at our flashraids and on our forums.

Fucking DUH.

Yes, it's most likely true. We know they read our website and our forums (or else that fake raid we did wouldn't have worked and holy shit, did it piss them off) and we may have spies at our flashraids and at our protests.

So what?

There is no reason to go on a witch hunt. All of our plans and whatnot are completely transparent, as they need to be. Follow one of the rules of the internet - DO NOT POST ANYHTING CONFIDENTIAL ABOUT YOURSELF OR ANYONE ELSE.

Do NOT reveal your identity to other anons at the protest.

Do NOT trust anyone outside the context of the movement. None of this "HAY GUYS, LETS ALL GO TO A BAR LATER" or plan a party or other things like that. Hell, I've been doing this for five months, and I guarantee you there are only two people that know my real name, and none of them know my last name, where I work, what I do for fun outside of this, etc. That's the way it has to be. By simply doing that, you protect yourself from spies and STILL have a blast at protests.

There will be NO witch hunting on these forums or during the flash raids or protests. We're the ones that use paranoia as a tool, not the other way around.

So yeah - you don't need to be paranoid because they ARE watching us. It's a fact. Just take the steps you need to to keep yourself safe, and don't worry about anybody else's actions.

7) Code of Conduct for the next protest - this is an important one as there are a few things we need to change.

We strained the relationship with the cops a bit on this one and in getting excited, there were a few things we could have handled better.

First off, regarding demonstrating in front of the Org.

We know they turtle up and send nobody outside - as a result, during Sea Arrgh we got a little bold and did violate a few city laws that almost got me personally arrested and half of you citations. I have thought about the best way to handle this and keep everyone safe, and the only thing I can conclude is that next month we go back to the conduct we had during Feb 10th and March 15th and only have a handful of people on the side of the street with the org with the majority across 4th street. This is just to ensure that nobody blocks the driveway. Everyone wants to crowd the entrance, which is fine, there are no problems with that, but when everyone bunches around their front door we block the sidewalk and also block the bus stop, which is a big no-no.

This is the best solution I can think of and the SDPD agrees with it.

The last thing we need to do is become more bold and start making mistakes as a result of that.

Finally, regarding Scientologists handing out black PR.

Everyone has to understand that they will ONLY do this during a protest. They will not conduct "flashraids" in the sense that we do to go out and hand information over to the public. It makes no sense for them to do this unless Anonymous is actively demonstrating in the immediate area or it makes them look like idiots because there's nothing there.

We already know the public will turn information over to us because they LOVE us. As a result, we need to come up with some better ideas for how to handle this when it happens, and I sugguest we copy San Francisco's method as it is very effective.

One person on one side of the Scientologist, about ten feet away with a sign that says "THIS PERSON IS A SCIENTOLOGIST" with an arrow pointing, and another Anon on the other side with a sign that says "DEPOSIT SCIENTOLOGIST PROPEGANDA HERE" with a trashbag. This made them INSANELY PISSED in San Francisco, and we can then trade one of their flyers for one of ours, assuming they don't pull an Abra and teleport away using their OT powers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Please take the following to heart

THE RULES OF PROTEST

Folks, if anything, get the fagotry out of your system before things get rolling, have fun, be cool, and be smart about things.

Yeah, the Zorcs are finally adding up! Don't worry, its just my browser as to why it never seems to update the count.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Remember: the skin jobs really can't do anything to us but shout and prod and get in the way. To an objective observer, they're a joke. If we allow ourselves to be amused rather than angry... well... they fail.
Back to top Go down
pokanon
OT 3
pokanon

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:19 pm

i just read this through, but barely kept any of it in my brain... dont feel like reading again, can som1 make a tldr for me?
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 pm

I can do it. I can do it nine times.
Anonagi tl;dr'd wrote:
Several things to go over in this one:

1) Marcab Invasion

Spread the word and buy stuff from the store.

2) Check out the flash raid section

Raiding Flag on Saturday. Be on best behavior.

3) Org-raid on Friday; stay tuned for details.

4) July 12th's theme

Wear spy stuff. Flash pre-raids and flyers to get attention. Updates later.

5) flash raid/demonstration at the Gay Parade on July 19th

Self-explanatory.

6) Spy rumors

No shit. Stay paranoid and polite. Witchhunters will be hit with a first edition of the Malleus Maleficarum and burned at the stake, 'cuz we're kinky like that.

7) Code of Conduct for the next protest

We're staying on the opposite side of the street from the Org next time. Following laws good.

Next time the skin jobs try counterprop, we need better plan. One person with sign that marks skin job. Another person with another sign telling people to deposit skin job agitprop in proper recepticle (trash bag).
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 pm

I do have to admit that I was a bit ambivalent about our reaction to the propaganda lady. While I don't think we did anything wrong, I don't think we did anything right... that was just as a result of us really not expecting that, I think.

In any case, I think our best weapon is our ability AND our intentions to converse. To have open dialogue. That may not come through to people if we're chasing someone or crowding someone.

Just my two cents as someone who ended up following all the way. Didn't feel too good then either. I wanted to go back but didn't want to A) Split up and be the only one B) Split up the group and have a few go all the way back to the org.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:54 pm

I also followed the way; keeping my mouth shut and my lens on the action to show how we reacted and how we left her space and didnt talk directly to her personally in our shout outs.

I did what i could to talk with those who were nearby such as the pregnant lady at the beginning of my video.. we had a quick discussion abotu what was going on, as well as with a few people along the way....

Knowledge and information is our best weapon, as anondur addressed and the way we responded was pretty quick to jump the line... though effective and fun, yes... if it was a little calmer and more defined it might have been even better effective against the Co$ wench minds...

i like the SF idea with the trash bag... alot

oh well, we'll figure it out.

i'll be downtown in july alot... so i can keep watch out for anything special or spectacular
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:01 pm

As a professor of mine once had a fetish of saying, "everything is a learning experience."

Now we know... AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 Gijoe
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:10 am

A Noun? A Miss! wrote:
As a professor of mine once had a fetish of saying, "everything is a learning experience."

Now we know... AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 Gijoe

Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 Moarknow
Back to top Go down
yagami
OT 3
yagami

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:09 am

I know that building a presence is important at the locations that we're at but I agree that maybe we do need to spread out a bit more. Maybe a couple people on all four corners and spread through the block would be better. Or we can always just do a single file line and parade through the block bunch of times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08   Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site updates and announcements - 6/19/08
Page 1 of 1