San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CDs or DVDs?

Go down 
+2
For_the_People
yagami
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yagami
OT 3
yagami

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:24 am

I was just curious to see if we had done burned CDs or DVDs containing info regarding Co$. If we buy the CDs in bulk, I know it wouldn't be that expensive and it might get more attention? Maybe slap a business card on the front??
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:24 am

ok...

that made me think about the self help tapes... and it could be fun to record cd's and make them epicly informative if they have the time to listen, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:55 pm

We aren't Golden Era Productions.

If anything, try your best to allow people to listen rather than pass something out on CDs. Skinjobs have the money to burn on that we don't.

If anything, make a disc with all our press and flyers to pass out to head press people if they come and watch us, that way we look professional and the press jockeys are not standing around with a newspaper wad size of a press release that will be forgotten. At most make a nice package of maybe ten CDs with all the information, videos and assorted items.

What you can do is make a digital press packet, as even holding on to paper costs a bit and gets crumpled. Besides a packet of paper immediately says TL;DR in no time flat while a CD could look less daunting and be cramp packed full of stuff with the articles and items.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Enturb has a DVD with interviews and information. I would crosspost but I'm in a bit of a hurry. Check it out in the flyer section...

It'd be nice if we could get that mass produced, but quite unfeasible. Plus a bit of a costly hand out.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Unless... business cards with torrent/download links?
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 1:04 am

Or a well designed flash (or equally design friendly) website? What's a DVD besides a fancy menu and videos?
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:05 am

Online storage is definitely the way to do it. We could also embed various-quality YT videos and the like into it.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:20 am

Exactly what I meant. You just embed videos into a well designed resource YouFoundtheVideos.com or something and then give that out. What the DVD on enturb was was a bunch of interviews with ex scientologists or something. Some Narconon stuff too, I think. It's a great resource for people from the org something so they can see what real people have to say (if they look at all)

Same with people off the street. I watched a video about a kid that went into the Sea Org and that was one of the more enlightening ones. Nothing better than sharing that.
Back to top Go down
yagami
OT 3
yagami

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I know funds are limited but with CDs and DVDs getting pretty cheap in bulk, mass production wouldn't be too costly. I like the link idea and having files online but I hate when I click on a link and it takes me somewhere. I always get scared that there's something embedded in the site.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:32 am

I had some business card sized CD blanks. Perfect for an intro, including hot links to the web.
They were $1 each in packs of ten, and that was back when Computer City was still around, before Frys. I think it's a good idea if we can get CDs cheaply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CDs or DVDs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CDs or DVDs?   CDs or DVDs? Empty

Back to top Go down

CDs or DVDs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
San Diego Anonymous :: GOLD BASE :: Think Tank-
Jump to: