San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.

Go down 
+3
Char Aznable
EpicFawkesGuy
e0n
7 posters
AuthorMessage
e0n
OT 3
e0n

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. Empty
PostSubject: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySat May 03, 2008 10:28 am

I don't know how many of you anons are into computer modding, but I have had a horrible experience with CoolIt systems. My first system's pump died, and right now...my current pump is rattling, ready to die at any second.

Luckily my motherboard (680i) shuts down before it gets fried, but GODDAMN this is so annoying. I'm switching back to air cooling, hopefully my new heatsink will arrive on monday.

Also, I read somewhere that on CoolIt's main website, they actually delete negative threads after a while. Talk about black PR.

Lesson learned: do your homework. I FAIL. Me FTL. Warn your friends about this shitty company.
Back to top Go down
http://ted.com
EpicFawkesGuy
OT 8
EpicFawkesGuy

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySat May 03, 2008 2:11 pm

I've never used water cooling myself, but right now I'm using the NZXT Zero case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146029
It's really damn good as far as fan go. 7 fans on the case alone. Although, depending on the size of your PSU you may or may not be able to use the top fan. (Mine is too big, so I'm only using 6 of the 7 fans) Amazingly this case is quieter than my old case from NZXT (It was the Guardian case) that only had 3 case fans. My 8800GTX is louder than all of my case fans. But anyway, if you're looking for ultra quiet cooling, have a look at the Zero case. I don't mean to be a walking advertisement but I just really love this case Razz
Back to top Go down
e0n
OT 3
e0n

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySat May 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah that case is smexy, looks like a modern minifridge xD Here's a pic of my rig.

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. Casewebcamfy4

Notice my bottom front intake fan is dead, I blame extremely poor case design. The removable harddrive bays slide out forward, and after moderate use the wires going from the fan to the power connectors can become loose. When inserting the bay back in, it literally cut the wire off by getting stuck between the metals. Can't wait for that replacement as well 0_0
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Wow.

My Laptop, since its so small, has little surface area to dissipate heat, so its fans tend to kick in a bit sometimes, and it can run hot.
I have it sitting on a cooling pad with two fans sucking air out, it helps keep the fans from staying on all the time and well, my laptop stays cooler, especially since I have two 4 port USB hubs hooked up with nearly 4 things running out of those ports at any given time.

I will say right now I'm a MacFag (æ is relentless hen it comes to MacFags, *Chills* ) And I know they use water cooling in their MacPro Tower set ups.
Back to top Go down
EpicFawkesGuy
OT 8
EpicFawkesGuy

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:18 pm

To be honest I don't mind Macs, I'd rather use OSX than Windows. You just can't run Crysis on a Mac, otherwise I'd own one. I'm probably gonna get a Mac Book Pro sooner or later though, those are SEXY.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySat May 03, 2008 11:21 pm

EpicFawkesGuy wrote:
To be honest I don't mind Macs, I'd rather use OSX than Windows. You just can't run Crysis on a Mac, otherwise I'd own one. I'm probably gonna get a Mac Book Pro sooner or later though, those are SEXY.

LOL

G4 12" PPC PowerBook FTW!
Back to top Go down
Anonymighty
OT 2
Anonymighty

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySun May 04, 2008 1:24 am

Just thought I'd jump in this thread. I'm running air cooling, and I haven't had a need to deal with the nightmares of water cooling... I got the CoolerMaster Cosmos. Came with 4 fans, and I put a bunch more in. I think I'm up to 7 now. My GFX card still puts of a bit of heat, though. Aaand here's a pic for funness!!

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. Comp
Back to top Go down
e0n
OT 3
e0n

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySun May 04, 2008 2:16 am

anonymighty, be careful with your Razerback mouse! I pressed the small button on the underside of it without knowing what it was (human nature to press buttons?), and well now I can't even flash my Copperhead's firmware properly. I consistently have issues where it doubleclicks, even when I'm not doing anything. I think part of it has to do with being on x64, but I'm not really sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymighty
OT 2
Anonymighty

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:29 am

Note to self: Do not press button o.o

I was wondering what that was though lol
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:55 am

e0n wrote:
Yeah that case is smexy, looks like a modern minifridge xD Here's a pic of my rig.

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. Casewebcamfy4

Notice my bottom front intake fan is dead, I blame extremely poor case design. The removable harddrive bays slide out forward, and after moderate use the wires going from the fan to the power connectors can become loose. When inserting the bay back in, it literally cut the wire off by getting stuck between the metals. Can't wait for that replacement as well 0_0

I have that same case, execpt that i moved the fan in the middle to the top area and moved my dvd burner down to the middle. That way the top fan blows right over my ram/processor and has a clear path to blow the air right out that vent in the back. Like a wind tunnle. I also have the biggest fucking proccesor fan/heatink i could find. Newegg pic of fan Since the fan is perpendicular to the proccesor i have it set up so that it takes in the air from the top case fan and blows it out the vent to increase the wind tunnle effect.
I don't have extra blue lights inside the case though Crying or Very sad Also, i agree with you completely about the removeable hardrive placement being fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
e0n
OT 3
e0n

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:22 am

Zen wrote:

I have that same case, execpt that i moved the fan in the middle to the top area and moved my dvd burner down to the middle. That way the top fan blows right over my ram/processor and has a clear path to blow the air right out that vent in the back. Like a wind tunnle. I also have the biggest fucking proccesor fan/heatink i could find. Newegg pic of fan Since the fan is perpendicular to the proccesor i have it set up so that it takes in the air from the top case fan and blows it out the vent to increase the wind tunnle effect.
I don't have extra blue lights inside the case though Crying or Very sad Also, i agree with you completely about the removeable hardrive placement being fucking retarded.

Holy crap, that's the heatsink that's being shipped to my house on Monday as a replacement for my watercooling xD Are you able to overclock your cpu nicely with it?
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:22 am

e0n wrote:

Holy crap, that's the heatsink that's being shipped to my house on Monday as a replacement for my watercooling xD Are you able to overclock your cpu nicely with it?

Ok, now i know i'm a horrible excuse of a human being because of it, but i've never really gotten around to overclocking my processor......I know i know, is there a good reason not to? Is the need for sleep even a good enough excuse? Belive me, my IRL friends and my brother give me shit about it too, but i swear it's on my to do list......right after beating GTA IV.....
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptyMon May 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Zen wrote:
e0n wrote:

Ok, now i know i'm a horrible excuse of a human being because of it, but i've never really gotten around to overclocking my processor......I know i know, is there a good reason not to? Is the need for sleep even a good enough excuse? Belive me, my IRL friends and my brother give me shit about it too, but i swear it's on my to do list......right after beating GTA IV.....

I think its nothing more to see that your machine could do more without restriction on the factory set CPU.

TL;DR Bragging rights
Back to top Go down
Zak McCracken
OT 3
Zak McCracken

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptyThu May 08, 2008 3:14 am

Zen wrote:

Ok, now i know i'm a horrible excuse of a human being because of it, but i've never really gotten around to overclocking my processor
If you can live with yourself being a Suppressive Person
who squirrels away all the good tech and enturbulates poor scilons for luls
I wouldn't worry too much about overclocking cheers

Zen wrote:

Is the need for sleep even a good enough excuse?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
xenufails
OT 1
xenufails

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. EmptySun May 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Sorry your watercooling fails!

My system is on air, and I have 33% OC stable from 3.0ghz to 4.0ghz. (e8400) The CPU cooler is:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887011

freaking huge heatsink, but it works really well... Under 50 C at load. I didn't want to spend the money on watercooling, nor do I know how!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.   I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need to vent. I will never buy coolIt systems for watercooling ever again.
Page 1 of 1