San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Outside of con - Shirts

Go down 
+5
tofuman
xenubarb
Char Aznable
TVwheels
ANONdur
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Outside of con - Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 am

Here's an idea for outside:
According to what we've heard from CCI staff we can wear things that say whatever (I presume WBC people could wear God Hates Fags shirts if they felt like it) but cannot push them, we know we need to go viral. The nature of the convention itself is going to need to be viral too, to work out, so here is the idea I had...

We know we have a contingency of people who will not be going to CCI itself but are willing to spread the word there, and those are the people willing to flyer outside. But flyering isn't ok, so why not just rely on our image. A group stands in a line somewhere and each wears a t-shirt (it'll be hot) that has a few letters printed BIG on the front and back. They are arranged so that a website is formed out of the group (YOUFOUNDTHECARD.COM for example) and they just stand there, without saying much. They would be pushing the comic, of course, so any questions they're asked are about the comic. This is assuming masks are allowed to be worn in a group like that. Otherwise, again, there's a problem.
Back to top Go down
TVwheels
OT 4

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:59 am

Agi suggested that we have several people (spaced out, not in a group) in a line wearing Anon Polo shirts, I just bought one at the store.

I think outside, off the convention center's property, flyers are OK.

Charlotte
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:29 am

From the chat last night he suggested that flyering is ok as long as a few things happen:

1) We space out, like you said
2) It's viral and not activist
3) We may have to have our masks off

Now granted, we won't be handing out stuff that says "Scientology is evil" or anything, but the forums exist, and even if they didn't take this scenario.

I am a scientologist and a random person hands me a card or something that says something odd. I take it with me and find out it's an anti-scientology thing. I take with me not the memory of a face, but of the fact that people were running around without masks. There will be plenty of photos of the con, I don't think it'd take anyone too long to find pictures of us handing out stuff after the fact.

The polos I like, but if flyers aren't viable (and there's a thin line he was referring to) then we have to figure out what is.

That isn't to say I don't like the polo idea, I just don't like the no mask idea. The cons far outweigh the pros.
Back to top Go down
TVwheels
OT 4

PostSubject: Outside Comic Con   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:43 am

Point taken, however, if you are off the property, masks are allowed!

Isabelle
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 pm

In that case... >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:30 pm

ANONdur wrote:
In that case... >Very Happy

I would consider as long as we don't step behind the line of people buying tickets at the door or on the door mat, we would be fine.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:58 pm

It is perfectly ok to flier on city (not convention center) property. I have done it quite a few times, dressed as Xenu and otherwise clad.

I have said so repeatedly. HELLO, MCFLY!!!
ARE YOU LISTENING???
Back to top Go down
tofuman
CLEAR
tofuman

Location : on the freewinds trying to save everyone from blue asbestos

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 6:22 pm

I like to ware a suit to most of our activity's so thats what I'm going to ware.
Back to top Go down
rabanon
OT 1

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 pm

What about some place like the trolley across the street from the con? I dunno if that would fall under convention center property or city property, but I know from past cons that the trolley area/sidewalk/crosswalk area is jammed packed full of people at all times during the con.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 am

I'm talking about convention property. So was anonagi last night in the meeting. We want to figure out what we can do and where. Of course we can flyer the city, but what can we do AT the con while people are waiting in line? That's what this topic is about... haha
Back to top Go down
rabanon
OT 1

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:15 pm

ANONdur wrote:
I'm talking about convention property. So was anonagi last night in the meeting. We want to figure out what we can do and where. Of course we can flyer the city, but what can we do AT the con while people are waiting in line? That's what this topic is about... haha

Point taken, but I'm just saying that an area like that cross walk is probably prime real estate for obligatory flyering/attention gathering for people entering and leaving. I remember a team of artists commissioned by whoever was doing Beowulf marketing last year do a really nice mural of Grendel on the ground right next to the trolley area. It got lots of attention.

As far as ideas concerning doing something on CC property, I don't see why they can't let you guys mask up on property. Maybe don some full V for Vendetta outfits, just so you can at least say you're dressing out of a comic. Maybe something for the masquerade ball thing? I have no idea what they do for the ball, never been to one honestly. Do they do skits? Maybe something with an allegory to Scientology. Even easier is to have a few CC goers without masks do some covert youfoundthecard drops on the convention center floor? Shouldn't be hard to do it discreetly. The letter on each shirt idea can work too, you'd need a lot of people for something like "youfoundthecard.com". Probably a simply xenu.net line up would work best, and it would allow for the potential of multiple teams maybe on either side of the CC. Maybe have letters on either side of the shirts and you can have more guys line up for the longer urls.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 pm

You can do more than a letter a shirt and the idea is to make things viral. Activism, according to anonagi, is a bit frowned upon by CCI so we'd need to make things viral to get people's attentions without preaching anything. Something like the shirt idea and people just standing there or having music would get people's attention because it's so weird and a website like that is easy to remember. YOUFOUNDTHESHIRTS.com for example is going to be easy to remember and MYSTERIOUS. Xenu you might know about. You know what you're getting into, etc.

Unmasked stuff is highly unadvised. Like I said, lots of photos are taken at the con, so you don't want to be on someone's random album handing out stuff, on top of which gray area about handing stuff out in the convention center is not somewhere we want to venture into.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Best thing to do is either show up in suits, with masks, or a general use polo shirt from the store.

Gotta make everything viral but still funny and neat looking.

I just hope we don't have raiding /b/ tards on deck during that time.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm

also... keep in mind that scilons will be everywhere and in such a confined space with alot of movement and anticipation going on it will be easier for them to bullbait you...

dont lose your cool, and dont let the excitement and stress of anythign take over you.

this will be one hell of a great asset of ours and can also have a chance to turn bad.

As for outside.. im wearing a fucking mask, Razz and hopefully also gonna march around the nearby areas such as restaraunts and or trolley areas for more information spreadage.

we will be having pictures taken of us everywhere. people know us, they dont know if theyre just comic goers or anon, so keep that in mind.

we're a threat, they know that full well, and are paranoid.

im just hoping ALOT of people (not anon) show up as v.... so they start shitting bricks, ;P

FTP
Back to top Go down
yagami
OT 3
yagami

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Can I get some flyers and business cards ahead of time by any chance?? I'm hoping to go for maybe two days and I would totally do some non anon like anon activity Wink
Back to top Go down
pokanon
OT 3
pokanon

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm

sry, tl;dr past post 10, can som1 sum it up for those of us too fucking lazy to read a page? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outside of con - Shirts   Outside of con - Shirts Empty

Back to top Go down

Outside of con - Shirts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
San Diego Anonymous :: COMPLETED OPERATIONS AND POST GAME REPORTS :: OPERATION: MARCAB INVASION - COMIC CON 2008-
Jump to: