San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stickers as advertisement?

Go down 
+12
gargy
ANOthersandiegaN
Daft
CAnon
For_the_People
Sakujo
Zen
annonilate
Char Aznable
ANONdur
A Noun? A Miss!
Anon41
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

Stickers as advertisement? Empty
PostSubject: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Okay, so we know posting up fliers all over town is a waste of time and energy because they're all too easily/frequently torn down because of people who don't appreciate them in front of their business or from scilons or from trash cleanup or someone just being an ass. So, what about stickers? I've seen decals on lamp posts and street signs all over for various garage bands or Ron Paul that stay up for months, lets use the anon store we have and turn out a bunch of "Google: Lisa McPherson / Operation Snow White / Operation Freakout / etc." or "Protest in SD on such-and-such a date" or "Challenge the Cult @ SanDiegoAnon.com" decals and bumper stickers (the latter NOT to be used on our actual cars btw). Just stick 'em on any post or street sign.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:48 pm

It inhabits the legal gray area of "what is vandalism?" but is low key enough that no one can be arsed to enforce it. For a sticker to be really effective, though, it has to be short, simple, and get the point across.

I have additional ideas that could be useful about this, but I don't want the skin jobs to steal them. PM me if this idea takes flight.
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 am

After lurking through cafepress I've found there are in fact a few informational stickers on the market that can be improved on.

http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/anonymous-scientology_stickers

I still say we should make some of our own including SanDiegoAnon.com ones to bring in more helpers and support money for protest supplies such as fliers and afro-wigs afro

EDIT: I think we'll be okay on the issue of possible vandalism as its not permanent and doesn't damage anything. We should definitely avoid putting them on the FRONT of street signs though as that can be construed as impeding traffic in some way.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 am

Oh definitely back of street signs is necessary. So many times I drive by and see random crap on signs and wish we did that too...
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 1:17 am

ANONdur wrote:
Oh definitely back of street signs is necessary. So many times I drive by and see random crap on signs and wish we did that too...

THe back part please, I've seen sticker abuse on the front.
Back to top Go down
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:53 am

ANONdur wrote:

On my commute to work, someone had posted a Ron Paul sticker on a low "No U Turn" sign. Just the interplay between the sticker and the reversed arrow caused me to think that the poster had not considered all the implications of his final product.

Is there any substance that can be used to write on STOP signs, that remains visible, but falls off at the slightest hint of a cleaning sponge or a good rain? Ideally, we should be able to commandeer street signs, but like chalk art, do no lasting damage or piss off anyone trying to clean it.

And speaking of which.... Sidewalk chalk on the public sidewalk in front of the org? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 am

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and saw this temporary 'paint' markers that people use to draw on their car windows for HS graduations / b-days / sporting events. I've never used it but I believe it comes off rather easily, we'd have to test it though as the surface area of a street sign isn't the same as a car window.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 pm

I'd try chalk first, it's cheaper. If that sticks, then it can't hurt, neh? The only problem is that it takes time to do stuff in chalk.

If the temporary markers work, then we could use stencils.
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Its just that that goes more sorta toward the definition of 'graffiti' when you get into things like writing messages on public property even if it is temporary paint. Its a real touchy subject and we'd probably do better to ask the police for clarification beforehand about the paintmarkers but I could see it being useful as a random tactic. I guess its just the visual aspect of it being similar to tagging thats the problem. Stenciled messages on sidewalks with chalk should be okay I think. Problem is theres always so many State and Local ordinances everywhere you go these days that you practically can't even throw a cat at a homeless person without getting cited, I mean its ridiculous! affraid

Its most likely too late to print up any stickers in time to provide monetary support for the Macab Invasion but theres still August. We should start coming up with concepts for designs/slogans for them, that is if the Wog Squad is interested in taking on this idea (you guys do run the store after all)?

Also, money. Advertisement that literally is worth what it costs. We can write the basic phrases/web sites on the borders of bills and release them to the general public everytime we buy a happy meal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:20 pm

Anon41 wrote:

Also, money. Advertisement that literally is worth what it costs. We can write the basic phrases/web sites on the borders of bills and release them to the general public everytime we buy a happy meal Very Happy

I've seen people use stamps for

"YOUFOUNDTHECASH.com" Very easy anytime you have dollar bills lying around.
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:24 am

A Noun? A Miss! wrote:
I'd try chalk first, it's cheaper. If that sticks, then it can't hurt, neh? The only problem is that it takes time to do stuff in chalk.

If the temporary markers work, then we could use stencils.

I remember reading awhile ago on /entrub/ about some anons using spray chalk in a can and big stencils. I don't really remember where though.
Back to top Go down
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:21 am

Anon41 wrote:
Its just that that goes more sorta toward the definition of 'graffiti' when you get into things like writing messages on public property even if it is temporary paint. Its a real touchy subject and we'd probably do better to ask the police for clarification beforehand about the paintmarkers but I could see it being useful as a random tactic.

When the police spoke with us during Spy vs. Sci, I asked. They expressly said that sidewalk chalk would count as graffiti and to please not do it.
Back to top Go down
Sakujo
OT 3
Sakujo

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:07 am

On the way home, either driving at night or day, a STOP sign at the corner of a street has this weird blotch of something.. looks like graffiti, but when you get closer it disappears and the sign looks normal.

So it only showed from a certain angle that the sun would hit it at, kinda like a glare, or a distance the headlights would hit it from.

I'll go out and check it out closer tomorrow.

Mattering on what would be written on the sign, it'd have to be big and short to get a message out.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:23 pm

the sidewalk chalk is something that WE would need to clean afterwards due to it being considered vandalism be cause 'it takes time and energy to remove'
Back to top Go down
CAnon
OT 1

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:04 am

If I had the money I would love to get my hands on some of the stickers and spread them around my part of town (especially the high school, best to get to them first right?). I'll keep it in mind for when I find myself a new job.
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 12:37 pm

There are stickers of the most ridiculous things all around my place of work...but people stop to look at them. *postpostpost*

I wish we could use side walk chalk whenever and wherever we wanted
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 pm

You found the sticker?
Back to top Go down
ANOthersandiegaN
CLEAR
ANOthersandiegaN

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:57 am

we can use spray paint wherever and whenever(except when cops are around) we want Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
gargy
OT 6
gargy

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:11 pm

ANOthersandiegaN wrote:
we can use spray paint wherever and whenever(except when cops are around) we want Twisted Evil

um...no
Back to top Go down
http://askthescientologist.blogspot.com
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 2:24 pm

gargy wrote:
um...no

Yes we can. The question is SHOULD we.

I believe we shouldn't. Smile
Back to top Go down
kombat
CLEAR
kombat

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 pm

We want the cops friendly with us, and if we go tagging, they WILL know it's us.
Back to top Go down
http://doom3.zoy.org
OT 8

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Yeah, because we will spray paint a giant mural of the large hardon collider
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 8:14 pm

inb4bomberman tagging
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
OT 8

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 pm

What about Yoshi? BBM been done before.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:36 pm

If stickers had "Xenu" on them, they would have to send out the Mighty Oatea Committee to remove them.

Lowly staff aren't supposed to even SEE the name of Xenu!

"I spent $360,000 so I could scrape stickers off light poles?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stickers as advertisement?   Stickers as advertisement? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stickers as advertisement?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
San Diego Anonymous :: GOLD BASE :: Think Tank-
Jump to: