San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Char's Review of Hancock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

Char's Review of Hancock Empty
PostSubject: Char's Review of Hancock   Char's Review of Hancock EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Certainly the movie is declared by most of us as A major ploy by scientology by recruiting a "fresh" new piece of income.

Sadly enough, not many can enjoy this movie without nitpicking the alluring facsimiles to "OT" powers.

I was fortunate to step in on a point of the movie in which hancok discovers his origin, as well as seeing enough clis from the movie while walking about.

SPOILERS FOR ANYONE THAT CARES, UNLESS YOU ARE A SCIENTOLOGIST

So,

Supposedly Hancock is some super being (Fucking Duh), made by some gods in the way past, supposedly alluring back to the greek gods. He was a tool, paired up with another so that they can save the world. Now, the kicker is he can be invincible when he is away from his pair/counterpart, but when he is close proximity (in which the movie exploits it in sexual innuendo) he acquires aspects similar to a mortal (not bullet proof)

Well, the majority of the movie in nearly 3/4 revolves around hancock in the beginning. It shows, (in the following fashion) That he is some sort of Pre-clear thetan with no direction, and the image consulting guy, friend, (scieno with the magical cans to do the means) can help him improve his public image.

We follow Hancock in his romp in jail. * in which the only "Ha ha LULZ" moment is he ramming a guy up a fat guy's ass, and it is shown* And he goes through group therapy sessions (auditing) in which he talks about his feelings or stories.

Honestly the movie feels very thin and cookie cutter, a lot of movies about the Rouge hero or antihero go through a process like this. I think the only difference is that Hancock knows he can simply walk or fly away form jail but he doesn't which can make the story interesting, but not entirely entertaining.

In the end, Hancock (after declaring varouis Superheros in spandex uniforms "Homo" looking before) Comes in and flies witha super suit, and glasses.

If anything this could be declared an OT with Level X abilities, being able to fly, not get sick and fight crime like scientology declares it can do when you achieve such levels.

In the end, i give hancock a rather mediocore 3.4

following reasons:

Will smith is not really in an element we expect him to be in, even though its new, its not what we view the Fresh Prince as

The plot was thin very cookie cutter and the villains (yes, there was a faggot with a claw arm) where frankly not the most intelligent pumpkin orange jumpsuits (save when they attempted progressively heavier weapons against him in the Bank Heist Climax Scene)

The humor in the movie involves Hancock getting his way, and often its in a way that goes "Fuck you faggot I want my icecream and I don't give a shit." as well as "get the fuck out of the way"

For me it reeks of scientology and very thinly veiled attempt to recover the major flap and losses Battle Field earth was.

The movie is incredibly thin on a music budget, using "Ghangsta" muzac in its soundtrack and a very thin orchestral score, as well as certain insert music. I have no idea how this can be seen as the way to reach out to fresh meat by scientologists.

The movie is not worth your time, I don't sanction downloading it, either, its not really worth the bandwidth, and I rather not recommend it on DVD unless you want to view it as buzzed on liquor as hancock frequently is.

I want my fresh prince back.
Back to top Go down

Char's Review of Hancock
Page 1 of 1