San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Halloween!

Go down 
+9
anonsoldier
Daft
Anon41
Anonagi
For_the_People
xenubarb
RandomFaceInCrowd
Char Aznable
ANONdur
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:47 pm

I know we're one month away, but the kind of operation that came to mind requires some planning ahead and some getting psyched up for. On top of that, from your reactions in the IRC, you're not too enthusiastic about it.

Here's the idea. Halloween is a time when children all over put on their silly costumes and take to the street ringing doorbells and asking for candy. The child inside us sometimes prevails and we continue trick or treating into our later years. That, or we drink ourselves crazy and have sex with bitches in school girl costumes, but that's beside the point.

I feel that maybe we should give back to those house holds that embrace our following traditions that may seem to not hold true for us as we grow older. What if we went trick or treating and traded candy?

"Thank you for giving me candy, but I hope I don't cost another kid a tasty treat."
"Oh, and keep the card."
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 am

Treat or Card
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 am

GHEY IDEA!!!
FAILURE YOU ARE!
Razz
one a side note. anon presence will be in DT that night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 am

So werry, werry ghey.

No.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 8:22 am

wont be free that night...

on any year
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Crossposted from Marcab:

The idea I was having was to reverse trick or treat. Somehow attach some candy (like one of those mini bars of shit) to a YFTC that says something halloween-ish and give it to the person. The idea is to be viral. How many children come up to each house every year? How many adults? And how many adults GIVE SOMETHING BACK?

I'm not counting on them even caring about the candy. Some may throw it away since they don't trust it, but how many will look at a site that says something like youfoundthetreat.com?
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 6:29 pm

just so its understood this is aimed at adults.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:59 pm

^^
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 am

No.

Still ghey.

"I feel that maybe we should give back to those house holds that embrace our following traditions ..."

LOLWUT?

Give back?
Excuse me, WE'RE the ones spending our free time and money to inform the community of a dangerous cult in their midst.

We don't gotta "give back" to anyone!
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:33 am

What the hell? I'm talking about halloween. Giving back because they give us candy.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 am

No. Ghey.
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:06 pm

So the plan would be to go trick or treating except handing out cards to people who are giving out candy?

It would need t be an idea that could be fleshed out more. Hm.

Although, considering how pissed I used to be at the people that gave us the Jesus tracts when we went trick or treating in the past...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 pm

I wanted to get discussion going before I "fleshed" out and said exactly what my ideas were. Given the direction of the conversation it doesn't seem to be a popular idea at all... Here was my idea

Take groups of 3 anons or so (this is portable, can be taken to other cities, so I wasn't thinking specifically San Diego) and equip them all with a bag full of YFTC style business cards with a candy bar (fun size, you know) attached to it. The card would be halloween themed and viral. VERY VIRAL. You go around trick or treating like anyone else but handing those out. No discussions. No preaching.

Given that it's usually children (small) who go out and trick or treat, that sort of activity would end pretty early on in the night. Groups could convene downtown to flier a busy city and enturbulate the org. Some people mentioned a 24 hour raid, can't say much about that. I do know that people would probably have enough candy to eat nothing but for the rest of the night/day.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:58 pm

you hangin with the 10 year olds or wut?
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I have a feeling the plan above would only work if we were downtown and not interacting with children. Paranoia runs very high each halloween since 9/11 and a group of adults in GF masks actually handing out candy to kids could beackfire as far as the parents of these kids are concerned. Everyone's seen and read the stories of candy bars and apples with razors and pins stuck in them, and a paranoid parent may think we're a street gang.

Handing out candy to people downtown or adults would be a great idea, or even going door to door and handing them to parents inside houses, but handing them to kids,,,I don't see it as being a very good idea. I could be wrong though, lord knows I've been wrong before Smile
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 pm

I'd really appreciate it if you provide constructive criticism instead of just bashing the idea as gay. I'm trying to start useful conversation about alternative methods of attack in this war. If you don't like the idea you can say so. If you think it can be fixed, that works too. If you feel strongly enough that it SHOULD NOT HAPPEN state your case.

Gay is not a reason. You're just fagging up this thread.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:11 pm

Anonagi wrote:
I have a feeling the plan above would only work if we were downtown and not interacting with children. Paranoia runs very high each halloween since 9/11 and a group of adults in GF masks actually handing out candy to kids could beackfire as far as the parents of these kids are concerned. Everyone's seen and read the stories of candy bars and apples with razors and pins stuck in them, and a paranoid parent may think we're a street gang.

Handing out candy to people downtown or adults would be a great idea, or even going door to door and handing them to parents inside houses, but handing them to kids,,,I don't see it as being a very good idea. I could be wrong though, lord knows I've been wrong before Smile

RandomFaceInCrowd wrote:
just so its understood this is aimed at adults.

I completely understand your point and couldn't agree more. Part of the criticism against picketing Will Smith's school was the children aspect. I in no way am saying we should give candy to kids, or tamper with candy to personalize it or anything like that. We are REVERSE trick or treating. Giving candy to the people in the homes (the candy is just a gimmick, the card is the important part.)
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:25 pm

What about Old Town San Diego, don't they have like a haunted house set up every Halloween? If so that'd be better or at least possibly more fun than Downtown.
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 am

That could work Smile

It depends though, becauwe I went there last year and it was made of AIDS and FAIL.

Downtown with the light box though - that would be good for the light up Scientology signs.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Concerning downtown, it'd be nice to set up some spot where we hand out shit to people walking by like they're trick or treating and do the same. Candy (or something more adult oriented) with YFTC. How funny would it be to make a sign that looks like a door a la the youtube sign someone had at DC.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm

ANONdur wrote:
Concerning downtown, it'd be nice to set up some spot where we hand out shit to people walking by like they're trick or treating and do the same. Candy (or something more adult oriented) with YFTC. How funny would it be to make a sign that looks like a door a la the youtube sign someone had at DC.

Bags of Mini Assorted chocolates *snickers milky way twix* are always a good bet and cheap
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 4:50 pm

If we could find a reliable way to set up somewhere (like broadway where we usually are) and have people handing out candy/cards and just being random faggots down there, it'd be pretty neat. Viral viral viral. Not there to argue with people. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:33 pm

How about free copies of Dianetics burned on to CDs with all the anti-gay/women stuff highlighted?
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:56 pm

If we're going for some sort of CD hand out we might as well do a lot more than hand out dianetics.

I'm thinking wearing Lisa McPherson halloween masks, guys.
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:05 pm

ANONdur wrote:
If we're going for some sort of CD hand out we might as well do a lot more than hand out dianetics.

I'm thinking wearing Lisa McPherson halloween masks, guys.

Okay..
why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween!   Halloween! Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next