San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church

Go down 
+9
xenubarb
Daft
RandomFaceInCrowd
The Archbishop
ANONdur
ANOthersandiegaN
annonilate
scarletbanner
Anon41
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church Empty
PostSubject: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 am

Anonymous has for the last year focused all its efforts against Scientology and this group came together for that specific cause, however there's new talk going on at 4chan. A growing number of people there are fed up with the Westboro Baptist Church and at this moment are attacking their website as they did to the Scilon sites one year ago (and no, I'm not one of the internet attackers). There has also been talk of doing something IRL such as blocking the public's view of them from the street with blankets or anything to royally piss them off to make them feel unwelcome. We've gained a lot of experience these last 12 months with the Scientology raids and global protests, particularly in maintaining order within our own ranks and not having to worry about asshats doing something illegal and getting us all v&.

So here is my proposal: Lets troll the Westboro Church when they come to picket here in So-Cal.

Obviously we don't have to inform the public on why these people are bad, they do it all themselves. But we can at least have some fun with them as an active, well organized counter-movement to these assholes. Stand in front of their picket lines on sidewalks to prevent their signs from being seen, stand in front of them with Guy Fawkes masks like statues staring them straight ahead to weird them out (highlight WEIRD OUT, NOT INTIMIDATE), or any other number of ideas. San Diego Anon marched in support of Gay Rights in California, lets get in contact with the local LBGT groups and have them show up with us and stand next to them, not saying anything or throwing out obscene slurs but just having an epic, defiant staring contest and follow the WBC-fags wherever they go while never saying a single word.

Of course this wouldn't be a switch of focus away from Scientology, just another addition to the list for whenever these creatures crawl out from under their rock and come into our area to 'Praise God for dead soldiers' and spew out all their rhetoric. Don't PREVENT them or obstruct their rights to protest, just creep them out. On top of all that, any media attention they get, WE'LL get as well. "Anti-Scientology Movement 'Anonymous' challenged GodHatesFags.com in an Epic Staring Contest" on the 8 o'clock evening news would be fairly helpful in grabbing people's interest in our main activities or at the very least getting our name out there. The next protest they have in California will be February 8 in L.A. at the Grammy Awards ceremony (prime chance for media coverage) and then an all day one on the 22nd of that month beginning in L.A. at the International Church Angelus Temple and ending at the Kodak theater for the Oscars.

And keep in mind, some of this has already been done by our friends in Hawai'i
Vids at: https://www.youtube.com/user/oahuraid (look for vids titled 'Operation Phelpsfag')

I leave this up to you all to discuss.

Last edited by Anon41 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:28 am

I very, very much like the idea.
Just staring though is a little boring... a troll cannon or a loud stereo would spice things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 am

Recall that one of the black PR items levied against us by the cult is that we were out to destroy all religion. They claimed that once we finished with them, that we would start picketing random other houses of worship. As noxious as the WBC is, the Scilons might attempt to turn that into a footbullet for us.

More likely however, is the dilution of our message in the public eye. Right now, the ones who don't confuse us with V know we're against Scientology and pro lulz. This, as lulzy as it would be, might confuse them as to what our goals are and against which wacky groups we'll protest. The FLDS next perhaps?

All that said, the WBC's practice of picketing the funerals of servicemen caused the creation of a biker gang; the Patriot Guard Riders. And that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
ANOthersandiegaN
CLEAR
ANOthersandiegaN

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 am

as great of an idea as this is, i agree, this could actually turn in favor of sci. i dont think we need to worry about WBC because most people that are christians think poorly of these people, and most people that aren't christians think poorly of these people. their own signs are enough to get people to hate them. the WBC is their own personal footbullet, i reccomend focusing on scientology 100% until they are done. we dont want too many enemies at the same time either. take the cults down 1 at a time until the world is balanced back to free religion for anyone that wants it
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 1:02 pm

I'm reminded of statements at the end of a certain Maxim article that made everyone collectively groan and shout out "NOT YOUR PERSONAL ARMY!"
Back to top Go down
The Archbishop
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Wait a minute, I thought The Gays were our target after Scientology...
Isn't the Anonymous Credo,
"We are Anonymous,
We are Strong,
We do not forgive,
We do not forget,
also we hate The Gays."?
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 pm

How about the catholic church? The republican party?

How about Iraq? The war on terror?
Back to top Go down
ANOthersandiegaN
CLEAR
ANOthersandiegaN

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 pm

lol how about we just protest every fucking issue at the same time.... then people can just say WTF?!
oh wait, they already say that about us. . .
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:46 pm

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN IN AFRICA! WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN IRAQ! FOR GODS SAKE! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
The Archbishop
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Forgetting my earlier post, (I must have been thinking of orphans) aren't we at Anonymous all champions of Human Rights? Isn't that why we do the crazy things we do? Yes, every group needs a focus, but why should Anonymous only ever be associated with the Co$? Our focus is Human Rights in general, and if we ever hope to evolve from a bunch of internet junkies who seem to hate Scientology, we have to broaden our horizons a bit and let other know that we stand for something, not just against something.
You bunch of man-loving rootbiters...
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 pm

The Archbishop wrote:

wat... the.... fuck confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:09 pm

You want to know what your error is? Assuming we all believe in the same things.

Why are we anonymous? Because when we are anonymous we shed our beliefs, our identities, and we become nothing more than the voice of opposition to Scientology. We are anonymous like the supporters of the constitution were anonymous.

We all have our own reasons we fight scientology. We own have our own motivations. Some of us doing because of human rights, science, the economy, justice...

But that is the only point of convergence. Some of us may believe it is the only fake religion. Some of us may believe they all are. Some may believe in no tax exemption and some may believe in it for some organizations.

The anonymous that wrote about the constitution was not seen pandering other issues. Publius wrote about one issue.

If you want to recruit from among us feel free. If you want to protest something feel free. But don't sell your movement as being the same anonymous group. It isn't.
Back to top Go down
The Archbishop
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 pm

ANONdur wrote:
You want to know what your error is? Assuming we all believe in the same things.

Why are we anonymous? Because when we are anonymous we shed our beliefs, our identities, and we become nothing more than the voice of opposition to Scientology. We are anonymous like the supporters of the constitution were anonymous.

We all have our own reasons we fight scientology. We own have our own motivations. Some of us doing because of human rights, science, the economy, justice...

But that is the only point of convergence. Some of us may believe it is the only fake religion. Some of us may believe they all are. Some may believe in no tax exemption and some may believe in it for some organizations.

The anonymous that wrote about the constitution was not seen pandering other issues. Publius wrote about one issue.

If you want to recruit from among us feel free. If you want to protest something feel free. But don't sell your movement as being the same anonymous group. It isn't.

O.o
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:09 pm

23:07 < ANONdur> the archbishop posted again
23:08 < ANOthersandiegaN> at least he didn't try to make himself look anymore retarded
23:08 < ANONdur> ^
23:09 < ANONdur> kirby you're a fag
23:10 < kyubikirby> I know
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 am

wtf is a man loving rootbiter
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 am

The Archbishop wrote:
Forgetting my earlier post, (I must have been thinking of orphans) aren't we at Anonymous all champions of Human Rights? Isn't that why we do the crazy things we do? Yes, every group needs a focus, but why should Anonymous only ever be associated with the Co$? Our focus is Human Rights in general, and if we ever hope to evolve from a bunch of internet junkies who seem to hate Scientology, we have to broaden our horizons a bit and let other know that we stand for something, not just against something.

There is no 'we' in anonymous. Not all are champions of human rights. 'For teh lulz' is one other reason people participate. Others might hate bullies. (Imagine! Nerds hating bullies!) Some came because of Scientology's attempted censorship of our beloved homeland, the internet.

Almost all of us agree that, when Scientology implodes, we will return to our lives, rather than evolve into some driving force. We actually ARE a bunch of internet junkies who seem to hate Scientology! Many of us never came out to protest anything before.

Scientology is a great opponent because they're like the Evil Empire, only stupider and moar incompetent. They do stupid stuff that makes us laugh our asses off.

WBC is not lulzy. They are dumb, hate-filled assholes who can screech for hours, and really test the First Amendment. And they are all lawyers.

Anonymous can't be quantified. Project Chanology has no goal but the dismantling of the Scientology organization. Others will follow the path we've laid down, learn from our tactics and attempt to apply them to their own causes. Chances are they will fail, simply because activists tend to be humorless, leaderfagging cunts. But that's not our problem.

In conclusion, you are free to start Project Chanboro Baptist. You will doubtless get some people on board, because Fred Phelps and clan are some of the most repugnant, offensive people you will ever see. I have seen them in action, and it wasn't pretty.

However, I like playing with the Scientologists. Most of them are well-meaning, if misled and deluded people who deserve to be freed from the draconian control system imposed on them.

WBC deserves to be removed from the planet entirely. There is nothing salvageable from their message of hate. They are, simply put, no fun at all. As lawyers, they know how fine the line is that they walk, and rarely cross it. They are despicable excuses for human beings. But they are not, and never will be in my crosshairs.

They're a dead end. All they do is spew hate in public. Their group consists of one family, it's not like they're recruiting. Considering how repulsive they and their methods are, there's not much chance of that.

Others can do what they like. Me, I'm gonna Stay On Target. We are just beginning to taste the sweet fruits of win, and you want us to shift our attention to some lunatic fringe group of about 40 people total?

I don't think so!
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:10 am

annonilate wrote:
Recall that one of the black PR items levied against us by the cult is that we were out to destroy all religion. They claimed that once we finished with them, that we would start picketing random other houses of worship. As noxious as the WBC is, the Scilons might attempt to turn that into a footbullet for us.

More likely however, is the dilution of our message in the public eye. Right now, the ones who don't confuse us with V know we're against Scientology and pro lulz. This, as lulzy as it would be, might confuse them as to what our goals are and against which wacky groups we'll protest. The FLDS next perhaps?

All that said, the WBC's practice of picketing the funerals of servicemen caused the creation of a biker gang; the Patriot Guard Riders. And that's awesome.

Heh...I don't think the veterans who make up the bulk of Patriot Riders would appreciate being called a 'biker gang.' But you're right, the Patriot Guard is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
EpicFawkesGuy
OT 8
EpicFawkesGuy

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:48 am

The Archbishop wrote:
Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church PILLZ
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Okay apparently theres a lot of confusion about what I'm suggesting. I'm not suggesting we protest, I'm suggesting we TROLL! For the lulz man, what happened to the LULZ? I'm not suggesting we bother 'dismantling' them (that'll happen when Fred Phelps has a seizure after he gets caught blowing his cat) or starting a new protest front (since they basically protest themselves), it's about annoying the hell out of them like they deserve and as a bonus, supporting the LGBT people who were gracious enough to allow us to join their parade to get our message out. And don't drop the 'we're not your personal army' mantra on this because it's the Anonymous on the various chan sites that are getting fed up with their antics and starting this talk, not some pussified treehuggers wanting to fight for the civil rights of poison sumac.

These people would only be here for two days out of the year anyway but think of WHERE they're going to be: First the Grammies, then the Oscars! Thats media coverage worth looking into, even if we don't go after the WBC we should at least BE there. But lets change it up a bit and stand up to these KKK wannabes before the general public at least ONCE and I use that comparison for a reason. I have one of those black PR pamphlets in front of me right now and it says: Why does Anonymous raid religions and minorities? - "Because we have no remorse and no sense of morality....We'll laugh in the face of tragedy...mock those who are in pain...ruin the lives of other people simply because we can.", this is how they see you. Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church AnonymousvsKKK

The WBC is not a religous group, it's a mock KKK that actively sets out to attack people just as Scienology isn't even a cult, it's a pyramid scheme that lures people in, and they both fit the description unfairly branded on us in the above quote so lets prove them wrong by taking just TWO AFTERNOONS, even just ONE next month and see what happens. Not a prolonged campaign, just an EPIC stance for at least one day. Hey, maybe a reporter come will come up and we'll tell them how we thought it was time to give these asshats some of their own medicine (via Ghandi-tech) but then take the chance to explain the Anti-Scientology side of what we stand for and invite them to the next Gold Base Raid. Get some numbers/connections directly to the media instead of sending a random e-mail when making them aware of what we're doing. This might work in favor of the scilons? I DARE them to to call us hatemongers "campaigning against all religions" for standing up to these bastards, I doub- no, TRIPLE DOG DARE THEM.

You have to admit it'd be worth it to see their reactions, I mean wouldn't you be freaking out if the people you hated and wanted to piss off just walked up to you and completely ignored everything you said and just STARED without a word looking like this:

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church 1231987108830

(Or we can just play 'Never Gonna Give You Up', 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow', 'It's Raining Men', 'YMCA', the theme to the Loveboat or the South Park Movie Soundtrack over, and over again and dance amongst them.)
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 pm

See what you don't seem to realize is that there IS a cause in that course of action. By showing up and bringing the lulz we'd be speaking out against them. Against them. That is an opinion that you're suddenly bringing onto anonymous. Another part of the anonymous profile.

Should we go pester Chris Hansen because we think it'd be funny? It would be lulzy. Just for lulz, even. It would be press coverage. But do we really gain all that much?

You're talking about turning Anonymous into a brand of protests. Even if it's for a good lulzy reason, it's not worth the flak.
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 2:28 pm

ONCE AGAIN
the whole KKK thing *rage*.
Back to top Go down
OT 8

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 5:57 pm

/me joins the KKK to spite Daft.
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 pm

ANONdur wrote:
See what you don't seem to realize is that there IS a cause in that course of action. By showing up and bringing the lulz we'd be speaking out against them. Against them. That is an opinion that you're suddenly bringing onto anonymous. Another part of the anonymous profile.

Should we go pester Chris Hansen because we think it'd be funny? It would be lulzy. Just for lulz, even. It would be press coverage. But do we really gain all that much?

You're talking about turning Anonymous into a brand of protests. Even if it's for a good lulzy reason, it's not worth the flak.

I understand where you're coming from, we do not want to breakdown into different subsets for every little cause that comes along especially ones like repealing Prop. 8 or end the war in Iraq, we have a main course and we can't afford to spread ourselves paper thin. And I understand that you don't want us to risk taking any sort of position or supporting or opposing any causes not directly related to Scientology. I'll just leave this here:

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church SDAnonLGBT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPEX6FsqwKk&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEyZ6B-gHBM&feature=related

Now I have a question, when WAS the last time we did any real talking about the extreme homophobia centered around Scientology like at that parade? We don't want to do a flashraid dedicated strictly to WBC, fine I was a bit brass suggesting that. I don't want to hijack this movement, I'm not saying we should one day have so many causes that we march out with signs saying "SAVE THE TUMORS". But you can't tell me that by suggesting this I'm bringing an opinion upon Anonymous to speak out against something when we already publically committed ourselves, at least in part, to that cause. We ALREADY started speaking out AGAINST them. We had no business crashing that party if we were going to just turn around and say 'We actually have no opinion whatsoever, we just wanted to get OUR word out'. We've already taken our position against them for their biggotry, so lets RELATE IT BACK TO OUR MAIN CAUSE.

Troll them, have every blacksuited anon stare or dance like crazy among these guys and at the same time the rest of us pass out info on L. Ron's basically concurrent opinon with the WBC across the street. I hear a lot about Lisa McPherson and Operation Snow White and Paulette Cooper, lets use this troll as a chance to also highlight the homophobic discrimination in Scientology. Show the parallels and show that we don't back down from our words. If you guys still don't agree, okay. I still think it'd be a good idea to at least do a regular flashraid at the Kodak during the Oscars, even without the WBC aspect of it.
Back to top Go down
tofuman
CLEAR
tofuman

Location : on the freewinds trying to save everyone from blue asbestos

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. While I would love to troll those bastards, it is possible that the scilons would use it as a way to make us look bad.
Back to top Go down
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm

xenubarb wrote:
Heh...I don't think the veterans who make up the bulk of Patriot Riders would appreciate being called a 'biker gang.' But you're right, the Patriot Guard is pretty awesome.

Forgive my n00bishness Xenu. To me, a simple bicyclist, any group of riders = a biker gang. I shall note the distinction. I have respect for veterans as I have some in my family, and I meant no offense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church Empty

Back to top Go down

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next