San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've been ripped off

Go down 
+2
Char Aznable
xenubarb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

I've been ripped off Empty
PostSubject: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:31 pm

In the process of moving, I left all the big stuff. I've been visiting the old residence a couple times a week to take small items. I went there today, and the doors were open, everything was GONE! All the stuff I had waiting for a truck, gone to the dump.

Asshole realtor tried to claim that it was abandoned, as I had turned off the electricity a month ago. But I've not been evicted, so technically, the place is mine to store, party at, burn down whatever.

I lost a ton of fishing tackle, furniture, and parrot stuff I needed a truck for. I'm pretty sure this whole thing is illegal as hell, so I'm gonna fight it. My stuff is gone. They took it all to the dump. But this isn't the end of it by any means. I'm mad as hell!

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:41 pm

xenubarb wrote:
In the process of moving, I left all the big stuff. I've been visiting the old residence a couple times a week to take small items. I went there today, and the doors were open, everything was GONE! All the stuff I had waiting for a truck, gone to the dump.

Asshole realtor tried to claim that it was abandoned, as I had turned off the electricity a month ago. But I've not been evicted, so technically, the place is mine to store, party at, burn down whatever.

I lost a ton of fishing tackle, furniture, and parrot stuff I needed a truck for. I'm pretty sure this whole thing is illegal as hell, so I'm gonna fight it. My stuff is gone. They took it all to the dump. But this isn't the end of it by any means. I'm mad as hell!

Suggestions?

ZOMG SCYLONS!!! (Well, gotta blame someone)

Well they are gonna claim "What sign?" if you mentioned anything about clearing out.

If anything you could do small claims but you can probably settle out of court. Best thign to do would, I don't really know.
Was it all in boxes to go or what?
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm

Yeah, as long as you are all paid up on the rent it's still your place untill the last day you've paid for. It shouldn't be that hard to prove. i don't have any legal advice, but good luck. It should be a quick win (well, quick as far as the court system goes lol)

FYI i'm not a laywer or anything, just someone that has had to deal with shit head land owners before.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Zen wrote:
Yeah, as long as you are all paid up on the rent it's still your place untill the last day you've paid for. It shouldn't be that hard to prove. i don't have any legal advice, but good luck. It should be a quick win (well, quick as far as the court system goes lol)

FYI i'm not a laywer or anything, just someone that has had to deal with shit head land owners before.

That, and its a matter of recovery of the goods.

Well, I hear IKEA has sales this time of year, and big lots actually is not so bad.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:29 am

Anonchar, really!
Do I look like an Ikea kind of person? Wink
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:08 am

xenubarb wrote:
Anonchar, really!
Do I look like an Ikea kind of person? Wink

Heheh, I really don't know what to say, Either IKEA is complimentary to some people or its a degree of insult.
I see it as a compliment!

The only thing I ever want from there is that damn random wooden trains or a mechanical alarm clock with bell alarm.

So what would you be Xenubarb? Sears? Pier 41? Costco world market?
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 11:50 am

xenubarb wrote:

Suggestions?
Yeah, that is pretty much illegal. I just asked real quick (I currently work in a law office) and they said it was.
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 pm

I love Ikea. Just redid my whole kitchen for like, 50 bux.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:57 am

I'm more of a 'wander around until I like something that's been discarded' kinda person.

Going after this realtor. Talked to a lawyer and scarletbanner is right. Not only is it illegal, this guy has probably done this to lots of people, probably latinos who don't know the law.

So I'm talking to a reporter with La Prensa today.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:41 pm

awesome, barb... as you should

show that douche where its at...

who knows, you'll prolly get alot more than just furniture out of it, Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been ripped off   I've been ripped off Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been ripped off
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
San Diego Anonymous :: GOLD BASE :: Everything Else-