San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm about to kill someone.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

I'm about to kill someone. Empty
PostSubject: I'm about to kill someone.   I'm about to kill someone. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 pm

I am absolutely livid at my bank.

I come home last night, after the raid and my power has been turned off by the electric company. I'm confused, and angry of course, consiering I made a payment to them on Wednesday that was approved.

o, ?I do what anyone else does in that situation - go to a payphone at 1 in the morning to figure out what the hell happened.

First, some backstory.

A few weeks ago my car was broken into again. They cleaned out my glovebox, which actually had a check in there that I was mailing off the next day. So, I end up in another fight with my apartment complex, and do the responsible thing, by going to my bank and opening a new account.

Now, I've had this habit the last few weeks of using cash instead of my debit card. I can get a better grip on my finances this way. I had activated the new debit card but had ot used it to make any purchases.

Wednesday, I use the card for the first time to pay the electric bill. I get a confirmation number, and everything goes through just fine.

On Thursday, whoever at my bank that's been monitoring my account sees a $100+ charge on the card as the first thing it was used for, and because of the wonderfuk fact my account had been compromised before, they lock down the card. But not only that - they recind the payment made to the electric company.

The electric company sees this as a stopped payment, and then sends someone out on Friday while I'm at work to shut off my power.

No phone call, no correspondance, NOTHING.

I spent two hours trying not to scream on the phone back and forth between my bank and the electric company not only finding out what happened but also straightening things out. The payment was remade, my bank apologized.

But the power company can't send someone out until Monday to turn the power back on.

To say that I'm livid is an understatement. No power in the apartment this entire weekend (I'm posting this from work, by the way.) and about $150 in the fridge down the drain.

Nobody called or contacted me and they went straight to a shutoff because they saw it as blocked payment.

I'm about to call the bank on monday and tear someone a new one. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that they reimburse me the $150 worth of groceries that are going to be ruined, but the whole situation just sucks right now and there's nothing I can do about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to kill someone.   I'm about to kill someone. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Damn, they must of thought someone stole the card and did a large purchase.

My folks always place a call to the company to tell them they are going on vacation so they wont freeze the card when they go somewhere expensive. It seems that the bank thought you either had your card stolen, so hence the frozen account.

I think for next time if you use the card for payments of such, inform them how you will use the card from then on out.

I once withdrew too many times in one month and got an overdraft charge, I would only offer to know the limits on your card. I myself must have a minimum balance on my debit card in my savings to allow it to be active.

Besides all that, Fuck Ups are not fun.

Do you need anything?
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to kill someone.   I'm about to kill someone. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:43 pm

That truly is bullshit. My bank and credit card companies are smart enough to CALL ME when they see a suspicious charge rather than merely going "WTF" and jumping straight into DEFCON mode.

Again, total bullshit. Your bank SHOULD reimburse you, they fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to kill someone.   I'm about to kill someone. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:59 pm

I think they went into DEFCON mode because I HAVE been the victim of identity theft while being a member of this bank. This is the third account I've had to reopen in two years as a result of someone getting my info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to kill someone.   I'm about to kill someone. EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Anonagi wrote:
I think they went into DEFCON mode because I HAVE been the victim of identity theft while being a member of this bank. This is the third account I've had to reopen in two years as a result of someone getting my info.

For a person who spends a lot of their time trying to HIDE their identity, you seem to suck majorly at keeping your private information....private. Just saying... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to kill someone.   I'm about to kill someone. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm about to kill someone.
Page 1 of 1