San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Meaning of the Masks

Go down 
+12
anonsoldier
yagami
gargy
Char Aznable
A Noun? A Miss!
Zen
Anonagi
ANONdur
RandomFaceInCrowd
scarletbanner
annonilate
For_the_People
16 posters
AuthorMessage
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

The Meaning of the Masks Empty
PostSubject: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:39 pm

For the sake of our uniformity in what we are saying to the general public, (PTS, Scrubs, $cilons, Newspeople, etc.) i was just interested as to what you as a group were each individually saying that our masks represented.

I just recently (last night / this morning whatever) watched Gregg and his attorney on some tv show with the Co$ guy just bashing that the masks were to incite fear into others and hold no real meaning. Gregg did not deny this.

But if you ask me, the Guy Fawkes masks mean alot more than just anonymity... not only was he the EFG, he was also the EWG as well, with his story pursuing through and stating one hell of a message; that people standing together in unison can make a message.

i believe the masks symbolise that we are doing this for the people who go into scientology of good faith that it could actually help them, but just forwarn them of the truth within.

Its not the scientology follower's faults for looking at ways of help, but the heirarchy... the upper end that lies and lies... and lies to the followers and new 'tater tots' just for what it seems to be... is money and lies.

The masks are proof that people... who dont know eachother at all... can remain anonymous and to their own causes and personal beliefs (religion, sexuality, LOLcats, etc.) and yet come together for a united cause that each of us knows is right and just. Its the people protecting the people. And that, is why i don my GFM... and that is why i will be there, beside all of you this saturday, June the 14th... warning others of why this organization is corrupt and destructive to personal ideals and families as well as infoming them of the past events to those who have been pushed beyond the breaking point due to their insane antics on the psyches of their followers.

/d/iscuss the meaning of the mask to you if you dont mind, so i dont say anything /r/etarded to those that ask.

Anon.... out...

FTP
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:50 pm

ps....

yeah, they look pretty fucking cool... and are alot of fun, too...

:O afro
Back to top Go down
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:30 pm

For_the_People wrote:

But if you ask me, the Guy Fawkes masks mean alot more than just anonymity... not only was he the EFG, he was also the EWG as well, with his story pursuing through and stating one hell of a message; that people standing together in unison can make a message.

FTP

Mr Fawkes, at age 35, performed an act that has caused him to be remembered by humanity for five centuries. Some vilify him, some laud him, but everyone remembers him. (15th century memes aside) Consider your own lives, and the importance of your actions. Don't think you're not a part of history just because you took part in something that only happened a week ago.
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:41 pm

I agree with what both of you have said, though I have one thing to add:

Though their is a certain amount of fear. Not towards the common people, but to the leaders.. the upper management.. the bourgeois filth that are brainwashing and destroying for the sake of money and power.

The fear that their lies and twisted schemes are being laid bare for all to see.
The fear That they don't know who to lash out at or intimidate, masked faces staring, waiting.
The fear that their grand plan is unraveling before their very eyes, with little chance to catch all that has fallen.
The fear that they know it's unevitable, the end is coming... change is coming... freedom is coming.
The fear that at the same time as we systematicly tear down the cult that Hubbard built, we are have a lulzy time.

I'm not that great of a writer, but I try.

Last edited by scarletbanner on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:54 pm

well i thought it was cause we were all ugly and to afraid to accept the fact. ghad damnit. i think i need to find a new club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Yeah I'm definitely doing it cause I'm ugly.

The uniformity also sends a powerful message. It is all premeditated, researched, necessary. We are there to send a message that must be sent, not for lulz. Know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 pm

All I do is tell people to google Fair Game policy and Operation Freakout. If they ask, I usually say that "If the people we're protesting against find out who we are, they have a habit of making the lives of people who speak out against them very unpleasant."

Then hand them a "Why the mask?" flyer.

Plus, I just love the GF mask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 am

It's EFG for me all the way. I hadn't even watched V for vendetta until just before Feb 10th. I've even been tempted to hold my protest sign upside down for awhile in true EFG style, but that would be counter productive against chanology......
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 pm

To be fair, it does establish a group identity and provides callback to both Guy Fawkes (more of a direct thing for the Brits) and V for Vendetta, a lot of the themes of which we probably take a shine to. It also doesn't hurt that they look really freakin' cool. For me, it's group identification and sublimation: I could be anyone, but beyond that, I'm part of the hive mind or whatever you call it.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 am

Well, I don't think we would really want to show up dressed in green nylon masks and gloves.

Too sweaty...
Back to top Go down
gargy
OT 6
gargy

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 9:11 am

It's amazing to realize that the co$ does not have a clue about who Guy Fawkes was or the significance of choosing that identity. duh

we recently met with an intermediary here in our city (not San Diego), who asked us, on behalf of the co$ to stop wearing the masks because they were "frightening the little children." We told him that if the headperson of the local co$ would (in writing) guarantee our safety and that there would never be any threats made to a protester or their family, we would consider not wearing masks. This intermediary has been played by the co$ and he knows it. We showed him proof of fair game and what it meant and why the masks were necessary. He'd had his head up his butt, peeking out of his bellybutton, but now he knows.
Back to top Go down
http://askthescientologist.blogspot.com
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
yagami
OT 3
yagami

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 am

I always thought that the meaning behind the mask was the idea to stand up against something that may be powerful but could be so wrong, and to do so even though no one else may help. One person, one voice can change a lot. Each individual anon is that one person, one voice in our every day lives. We are stronger for this type of belief.

Something like that??
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:00 am

The mask, like Anonymous, means different things to different people, and all are true.

Except reason number 42. That one was WAAAAAAAAY off base.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:14 am

dont bring up 42.... THANKS
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 11:25 pm

[22:11] <ANONdur> We aren't just masking ourselves to protect ourselves.
[22:11] <ANONdur> We are masked because we are anonymous.
[22:11] <ANONdur> And when we go out there we shed our identities. We are not individuals, we are an idea.
[22:12] <ANONdur> And when the idea we support prevails, we will fade into obscurity.
Back to top Go down
mudkips
OT 3
mudkips

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 am

ITT: Dur makes himself feel important.
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:44 pm

According to these sillies, we wear the masks because we are scared, oh so very scared of the scientologists.

You know, out of every explanation out there, this was the most ridiculous and misconstrued. "WE'RE SCARED SO WE WEAR MASKS TO HIDE FROM SCIENTOLOGISTS". What the hell is that? I was at this protest and if I heard these two anons say this, I would have been harsh about their choice of words.

We can all agree that the reason we wear masks is NOT because we're scared; the general idea of wearing a mask and protesting/raiding as Anonymous because we are Anonymous and the masks represent an idea of that anonymity.

or something of that such.

*scroll up*

Well most of you have said that, so just disregard that....genitals...etc. I just wanted to use a rebuttal after seeing that video. I didn't laugh at how silly it was the first time I saw it, because one doesn't go around saying that nonsense to passersby expecting them to take you/us/them seriously. That man could be thinking "These niggas are cowards". As well as anyother person these anons explained that to.

{le rant est termine}

BTW, this is sooooooo offtopic, but, FTP, /d/ is for dickgirls.
kthxbai
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 2:03 pm

daft...

i was a WoW nerd and used / commands all the time...

so im used to /discuss.... /emo.... etc. etc.

as for the masks... im used to saying 'im sorry, im just ugly....'

so i'll stick with that for fun...

FTP
Back to top Go down
Daftkid
OT 4
Daftkid

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:22 pm

daft you're glib /d/ is for hentai
Back to top Go down
mudkips
OT 3
mudkips

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:25 pm

/d/ is alternative hentai, but the original abbreviation was for dickgirls.

I KNOW TOO MUCH, OK?
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 am

When I put on the mask, I am the Internets.
I become Anonymous and all it represents.

People see us and know we represent Legion, and they cheer. They get their pictures taken with us. They are happy to receive our information. The mask shows us as part of an entity, the internet incarnate.

I like that.
Also, caek.
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:29 pm

xenubarb wrote:
When I put on the mask, I am the Internets.
I become Anonymous and all it represents.

People see us and know we represent Legion, and they cheer. They get their pictures taken with us. They are happy to receive our information. The mask shows us as part of an entity, the internet incarnate.

I like that.
Also, caek.
United as 1, divided by 0 cheers

Last edited by DaftAnon on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because there are no negroes on the internet)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of the Masks   The Meaning of the Masks Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meaning of the Masks
Page 1 of 1