San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Sign Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Random Sign Idea Empty
PostSubject: Random Sign Idea   Random Sign Idea EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 5:27 pm

So watching that sci vs spy thing I saw a sign of some sort that said "Press here if you think Scientology is a dangerous cult" and underneath "Thank you for participating in this anonymous poll"

I think it MAY have just been placed on some other sort of button, maybe a cross signal, but I was thinking how fun it would be to have a little box sign with a button and a screen. The screen would display how many times the button has been pushed (until reset) and we can have it out when we're down at Horton mainly to get a little more reaction from people. Just something fun to remember us by, you know?

Also puts a number on our supporters. Sorta.

What do you guys think? Any ideas on some devices that could be easily ported for this idea to work, or should I put my electronics knowledge to use and build something from scratch?
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Random Sign Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Sign Idea   Random Sign Idea EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 pm

So I will update on what I've found, cause this idea really strikes me as neat and worthwhile. I don't think I'd have it done by spy vs sci but it could be used later.

So I found this electronics kit that lets you assemble a button that works much like digg (You press the button, another digg) and keeps up to 999 (cause of the 3 digit display). $15 bucks or $9 for the PCB and microcontroller leaving the other parts to be found (bigger LED displays, a corresponding resistor and capacitor, battery stuff). That's not too bad, really. Arduinos cost like $30
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

Random Sign Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Sign Idea   Random Sign Idea EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 pm

ANONdur wrote:
So I will update on what I've found, cause this idea really strikes me as neat and worthwhile. I don't think I'd have it done by spy vs sci but it could be used later.

So I found this electronics kit that lets you assemble a button that works much like digg (You press the button, another digg) and keeps up to 999 (cause of the 3 digit display). $15 bucks or $9 for the PCB and microcontroller leaving the other parts to be found (bigger LED displays, a corresponding resistor and capacitor, battery stuff). That's not too bad, really. Arduinos cost like $30

An SXB board might be cheaper, maybe, and it has a 6 digit display panel and its LED lights. You could program some sounds on it too. I have a complete manual with me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Sign Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Sign Idea   Random Sign Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Sign Idea
Page 1 of 1