San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why We Fail

Go down 
+3
ANONdur
Daft
Why We Fail
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Why We Fail
OT 1

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 3:35 am

Anonymous has done great things since the beginning of the year. The lies of scientology have been exposed to the world in ways that those who came before us probably never thought possible. Yet the winning side of this battle is declining in numbers and motivation. The well of ideas seems dry.

This movement cannot subsist only in front of the orgs (in the form of simple raids) and in youtube alone. It is bound to fail this way and after the dust settles anonymous will be but a chapter in the book of Scientology. We will not be forgotten, but we will disappear.

What can we do? What can YOU do?
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 3:52 am

Simply, we can all get involved instead of sitting on the fence.
I'm pretty sure that alot of us are capable of pitching in ideas.
Another thing would be concerning the fact that we are disappearing.
We're pushing each other away and that is contributing to the small numbers in presence and support as well. We don't support each other like we did when this started in the beginning of all of this and now that we're going through these bullshit phases and dramas that I can compare to Spanish soap operas, of course people will split. So let's cut out the drama and bullshit and let's actually start doing something. If you don't like something, speak up. Offer ways to change it rather than just opposing just to oppose.

Edit: I edited this because I had more thoughts, but they're fucking lost now.

Shit.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 4:06 am

Simply put: drama pushed me away form raiding in San Diego. I've been left with a sour taste in my mouth and it's impacted greatly my motivations for going down to raid.

But what I really wanted to provide for anonymous was ideas. I tried hard, as many of you may know, but I simply cannot be the sole drive behind operations I come up with. I've lacked support.

Raiding as far as standing in front of the org is concerned is not enough. It's never enough. I feel we could do so much more if we tapped into everybody's potential, but something is stopping us.

If I knew what was wrong and how to fix it several operations I've come up with would have gotten off the ground. I'm in the dark as to how to fix this all. I just feel like I have seen things get much worse than I expected.
Back to top Go down
EpicFawkesGuy
OT 8
EpicFawkesGuy

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 4:33 am

ANONdur wrote:
Raiding as far as standing in front of the org is concerned is not enough. It's never enough.
Why We Fail World_is_not_enough_poster
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 4:40 am

Fail execution on delivering important message. A brand new name suggesting a concept of this magnitude is going to turn people off, put them on the defensive, and hinder you people actually addressing the situation.

The well of ideas is both dry and runneth over. People ARE putting them out there, but its not a lot of people. It's a few people contributing a lot of ideas, rather than a lot of people each contributing a few. The other aspect is execution. Who's actually following through? You can talk about an idea until it's so awesome that in one fell swoop you could bring down every org with a single raid because your idea is THAT awesome, but until SOMEONE DOES IT, you've accomplished nothing.

I'm being told there's drama. That's a cancer that kills Chanology. Newfags are the lifeblood of continued action, and I see it on enturb.com a lot. New people are looked down upon. New people can be turned into effective individuals with the right guidance and push. Some need a bigger push than others. If you are not asking new people "why are you here" you can't find out what you need to do to KEEP them here, nor will you find out what appeals most to the public in terms of bringing them to our side. If you are not including and involving them in things such as planning and execution (showing up and holding a sign does not count), you're setting them and you up for failure because they won't feel like they belong and will leave.

Variety is the spice of life. Raids look stale from my perspective. Congrats on some wins, but I think you could all be doing better. I'm going to share with you all a fantastic piece of advice: "Raids can go more places than the park, the org, and Horton Plaza". OOOOOOOOH!! What a concept! You can also raid the following place:
-College campuses
-Parks OTHER than balboa
-News media
-Community events
I'll discuss this more in Think Tank.

What can be done about it?
-Never be afraid to submit an idea. Communication is essential. Don't say things that might get people butthurt, but also do not let yourself get butthurt. Remember the fucking mission, and focus on that.
-Build strength and size. Numbers aren't essential, but they help. A small group of hardcore people is great, but you aren't that. Bolster the fucking ranks to increase effectiveness, or turn what you have now into one hardy badass team.
-Share the load. If you aren't thinking, "How can I be even more effective and help more" then you're a cancer. If you're involved in something big and crucial, do not be afraid to allow others to help you and seek out help if its not being offered and you need it.
-More constructive criticism. At the end of every raid or other op, you need to do what we in the military call an AAR (after action review). Everyone needs to pick COLLECTIVE actions and events that are "sustains" (what we did right) and "improves" (What we can fix). The key is collective, not individual ("We the group needed more flyers", not "dave didn't bring enough flyers"). Then do a personal assessment, that way Dave will not be a bitch and buy more flyers.

tl;dr;-No, go back and read it, because this is exactly the fail that hurts the cell and the movement.

What can I do?
I'm doing it. I may be coming off as a leaderfag, but in real life I AM a leader for a living, so I think I know just a little about motivating and getting shit done. The greatest weakness of Anonymous is that we have no single central body of authority which can sit there and say "do this, do that" and make things happen. It's entirely dependent upon YOU the individual Anon to take the initiative to do it.
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm

yall postin in a troll thread
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 pm

I don't feel like this is a troll. Neither do others.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 3:10 pm

ANONdur wrote:
Simply put: drama pushed me away form raiding in San Diego. I've been left with a sour taste in my mouth and it's impacted greatly my motivations for going down to raid.

But what I really wanted to provide for anonymous was ideas. I tried hard, as many of you may know, but I simply cannot be the sole drive behind operations I come up with. I've lacked support.

Trust me, you aren't EVEN the "sole drive behind operations." You've lacked support because the ideas were lame. Gosh, who would think that people might hesitate to take candy from masked strangers on the street?

Quote :

Raiding as far as standing in front of the org is concerned is not enough. It's never enough. I feel we could do so much more if we tapped into everybody's potential, but something is stopping us.

If I knew what was wrong and how to fix it several operations I've come up with would have gotten off the ground. I'm in the dark as to how to fix this all. I just feel like I have seen things get much worse than I expected.

Some of our limiting factors are financial and transportation. Downtown is central to trolleys and the train station. I agree that the org/downtown/march thing is getting stale.
However, as far as goals are concerned, hunting the stress test and shutting them down is as important as keeping pressure on the org. That's the reason behind meeting @ BBP.
Sometimes the stress test scammers set up there. We'd be pretty irrelevant anywhere else.

And where is the cult taking the booth when not in Balboa Park? Something to consider.

We could possibly sign up for a PSA type booth at various street fairs and other events, like Earth Day. Non-commercial booth space is often free. That could be fun. Maybe we could set up an info table around various college campuses. Who the hell knows?

What really matters, besides keeping our presence in the Scilons' faces, is how much info we distribute to people. We haven't been doing real great with that lately. Just sayin.

And you're not helping with your failure to appear, dur. The more people we have out on the street, the more attention we get. We're down to five and less these days.

Apathy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why We Fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Fail   Why We Fail Empty

Back to top Go down

Why We Fail
Page 1 of 1