San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balboa park recon/flash raid.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

Balboa park recon/flash raid. Empty
PostSubject: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Alright.

It's now a three day weekend. I propose that a group of us go down to Balboa park and see if there's a Stress Test cart present. There was the last Saturday I was down there (February). I propose that if there is one, we surround it while keeping a minimum distance of 20 feet, facing outwards from it. Then simply hand out flyers, business cards, and chat with people, and wait for the Scilon on duty to make the next move. We do not engage the Scilon at all. We simply form a barrier of information around him.

If there is no cart, then we can still spread awareness for a while and enjoy the park.

Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Somewhat dodgy of a plan, best thing to do would to scope out first, and there is really very litle intel about the cart. Suggest recon before anything.

Alas, I am not able to attend.
Back to top Go down
annonilate
OT 5
annonilate

PostSubject: Re: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. EmptySat May 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Recon report.

From 1500 to 15:45 today, I walked the entire length and breadth of Balboa park from the veteran's center to the zoo. There were no Scientologists detected, unless they, like me, were also in spai mode.

I did see the following:
* A mime.

* Representatives of Falun Gong who had an extensive setup. Three volunteers with flyers, no fewer than eight tables lengthwise with posters covering them all, and one girl apparently practicing the Falun Gong exercises.

* Bromeliads.

* Two weddings.

* A balloon clown.

* A jackrabbit.

* Over 9000 stress-free park goers. Scientology failed simply by not showing up. The weather was perfect, the crowds were ripe for meme spreading, and they weren't there.

I still propose that we go Monday and either enact the above plan if there's someone there, an simply do a flyer drop if they're not. I ask again: Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Excellent work. That is a good detail of a report.

Unfortunately I am heading up to visit my aunt and work (Zorks aren't that high nowadays)

I wanted to see the buneh!!
I think there is a Falun Gong group near my home, I see them sometimes at the park in the morning.
Balloon clown, neato.

You know, now since Summer is mostly under way for the Community College for San Diego, maybe we can set up a table.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:12 am

Annonilate,

Good job on the recon, thanks very much! We need a flash raid network. Some SDanon haz my cell number, but anon char is the only one so far who's used it.

Of course, yesterday was a 'BBQ w/ family' day, so I would only have been available later in the afternoon. However, if you would PM me I'll give you a number to call when there's a clam sighting. Can be ready to roll at a moment's notice.

Last year's OT Committee website, which has not been updated, suggests that Parkway Plaza is or was one of their shilling sites for book sales. I'm not that far away, so will check it out one of these weekends. There's a chance they might still be there. I don't get out to El Cajon any more since Dumont's closed.
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:04 am

i know im a couple days late for seeing this thread. but i used to work in balboa park. basically got paid to walk around the park . (so simple a caveman could do it...) and i can only recall one time ever in the 11 months i worked in the park seeing a scieno booth. i think it was near the hall of champions. the building with the wierd basket ball sculpture in front of it. they had posted on the grass and talking to people that were attneding some function at the automotive museum. mostly bugging the loners. not really couples. at the time i knew who it was. but since i was working and had on my work uniform saying exactly where i worked, i passed up the chance to make a notch in the wall for a successful night of keeping the peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balboa park recon/flash raid.   Balboa park recon/flash raid. Empty

Back to top Go down

Balboa park recon/flash raid.
Page 1 of 1