San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Information about donations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Information about donations Empty
PostSubject: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 2:30 am

This is the main reason why this is being done here and not at the Enturbulation forums.

What is this donation drive for?

The current plans for the Marcab Invasion involve distributing 75,000 postcards and 25,000 business cards - and while everyone in San Diego is pulling towards this cause, we are unable to do it alone. The printing and shipping of such a large amount of truthful propeganda can be done for just under $2000 USD.

Who can donate?

Anyone. This donation drive is set up for anyone who wishes to chip in a few bucks here or there. There are Anonymous members who will be at the convention and those that won't, but both can donate. It is also set up for those that wish to help but cannot do it through normal means. People who want to help but can't for physical reasons such as scheduling conflicts or being too far away from a protest location can help in this way.

There are deeper reasons as well. There are many professionals in all levels of the world that Anonymous has reached that cannot risk getting openly involved. Scientology practices a brutal regiment of harassment against its critics under their Fair Game policy, which they claim doesn't exist but which Anonymous and older critics have proved still exists to this day without a shadow of a doubt. This donation drive allows them to help the cause in a way that puts nothing about them at risk.

The success of Operation: Marcab Invasion is a victory for everyone involved, the least of which is Anonymous. It is a victory for all the old critics, ex-Scientologists, Anonymous members, and anyone who has been and has been hurt by the Church of Scientology. That is everyone's victory, and to allow less than everyone to be a part of it is unimaginable.

What is the goal?

The current goal is $2000, which should cover the manufacturing of the cards, and their shipping costs. The donation drive will remain open until July 15th or until we reach this goal, whichever happens first.

What if you don't hit that amount?

If Marcab Invasion raises less than $2000, we will get as many cards printed as we can with the funds that were donated and proceed as planned.

What happens with any extra donations?

The donation system is powered by ChipIn!, which is a fantastic tool for people to donate money to towards a specific goal. You'll notice on the site it shows what the goal is, how many people have contributed, what we have raised, and how close we are to reaching the goal. The donation drive ends automatically when $2000 is reached. We encourage all Anons to donate towards similar causes if the time comes where they want to help and the goal is reached.

If in the event we do reach our goal and the cost of printing and shipping comes out to be less than the amount we raised, then the remainder will be donated to several prominent websites that raise awareness about Scientology.

What happens to my information when I donate?

The ChipIn! plugin does not list names, emails, or other infos - only the paypal where the donations are going to has that information. Paypal keeps this information completely confidential and...anonymous. This information will not be sold, given, or in any way used except as Paypal requires for the completing of sending money. Heck, you don't even need to have a Paypal account to donate!

How can I donate?

The donation window can be found at the main page for the Marcab Invasion, which is located here. You need to have Flash Player enabled and click on the ChipIn! button located on the right side of the screen.

How can I continue to help?

Webmasters, Bloggers, other members of Anonymous, and other decentralized sites can find a page here that lists the code for seven different types of donation boxes for OP:MI. Simply choose the one that works best for wherever you want to put it on your site, forum signature, or blog. It would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Anonagi on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
Alcoholi

PostSubject: IRL address for money orders   Information about donations EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 am

Is there any address where I could send a money order to contribute? I'm not comfortable putting my name on a financial transaction. Maybe it's paranoia, but nobody ever got surprised by being too paranoid, you know what I mean?

BTW, I once rented a P.O. Box for around $25 for six months. So if you do allow money order contributions, I'll have one in the mail next week, but for the love of God, use a P.O. condom. I don't want to know where you live. drunken
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:03 pm

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
chanology1
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:29 pm

OK, so HOW do I donate. I'm probably missing the link (no I'm not the missing link myself) and am jsut blind, but help me give you money.

Guy
http://www.chanology1.com
Let's CLEAR them out
Back to top Go down
yagami
OT 3
yagami

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 2:46 am

r u gonna be collecting on saturday during sea arrrgh?
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:53 am

yagami wrote:
r u gonna be collecting on saturday during sea arrrgh?

We will be. No COD or Cheques please. Cash only.
Back to top Go down
chanology1
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Great. We'll hand it to you there. How do I identify you please? If you prefer you can contact me at sysop@chanology1.com

http://www.chanology1.com
Let's CLEAR them out!
Back to top Go down
Zak McCracken
OT 3
Zak McCracken

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:19 am

chanology1 wrote:
How do I identify you please?

Let's CLEAR them out!

We'll be the one wearing the mask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information about donations   Information about donations Empty

Back to top Go down

Information about donations
Page 1 of 1