San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid

Go down 
+14
xenubarb
dnb
TVwheels
FawkesayFawkes
Daft
ANONdur
anonsoldier
A Noun? A Miss!
Char Aznable
For_the_People
Zen
scarletbanner
RandomFaceInCrowd
Roflcptr
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid Empty
PostSubject: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:24 am

So lets talk about that 24 hour flashraid we are planning for sometime in the (near) future.

If sandiegoanon could spend a loong time in front of a scientology building. what would be the best day (and don't you fucking dare pick a day thats not friday or sunday lolz)

if we can pull off what was last friday, but keep it going through the night into the morning it would be epic win. We were also talking about having it be where if you cant show up, show up when you can, i personally am willing for a FULL 24 HOURS of protesting straight. if others can come in waves it would be epic as long as the org is being trolled.

So my question is when, who can make it, lets say some friday from now. [INSERT DATE HERE] is good for me LOLZ.
but seriously this needs to happen. if we can keep up the epicness of last friday this could well turn out to be something amazing.

Last edited by Roflcptr on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:33 am

/facepalm.
there goes the surprise i was hoping for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:52 am

RandomFaceInCrowd wrote:
/facepalm.

WAT WAT?
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:25 am

Roflcptr wrote:
RandomFaceInCrowd wrote:
/facepalm.

WAT WAT?
Some of us were talking about PM or mailing list discussions to not ruin the lulz.
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:43 am

scarletbanner wrote:
Roflcptr wrote:
RandomFaceInCrowd wrote:
/facepalm.

WAT WAT?
Some of us were talking about PM or mailing list discussions to not ruin the lulz.
We can still keep the date we pick a secret. The only way to block a secret date is to keep the signs up 24/7 all year long and that would be an epic win in and of it's self. Or we can just pick a super busy day and forget about the secrets. Friday nights their ORG is packed with so many people that some ass hole with about 5 "I'm a Christan lol look at the Jesus fish" bumper stickers are parking in handi-cap reserved parking spots and BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW!!! Seriously, there was a reason why that spot was wide open the whole time before you got there......Do the meeter maids that write tickets for parking violations have an office number or something to call? i doubt the normal police would give a shit about one little parking law being broken....

Anyway, i got off topic.....I would personally like to hold off on this for awhile anyway. maybe even untill after comic-con.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:50 am

Whatever... we'll get this planned... sooner or later...

let the thread die, imo.. thanks
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:54 am

Zen wrote:
scarletbanner wrote:
Roflcptr wrote:
RandomFaceInCrowd wrote:
/facepalm.

WAT WAT?
We can still keep the date we pick a secret. The only way to block a secret date is to keep the signs up 24/7 all year long and that would be an epic win in and of it's self. Or we can just pick a super busy day and forget about the secrets. Friday nights their ORG is packed with so many people that some ass hole with about 5 "I'm a Christan lol look at the Jesus fish" bumper stickers are parking in handi-cap reserved parking spots and BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW!!! Seriously, there was a reason why that spot was wide open the whole time before you got there......Do the meeter maids that write tickets for parking violations have an office number or something to call? i doubt the normal police would give a shit about one little parking law being broken....

Anyway, i got off topic.....I would personally like to hold off on this for awhile anyway. maybe even untill after comic-con.

I think private property regulations mandate an Accessible Parking Slot, but parking on private property is usually managed by security of said private area.

Now then if we pointed out to the police of the scilon that parked at the red zone at the exit of the drive way during the candle vigil, then it is something we can really bug the officer about.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:45 am

Damn skin jobs.

OBEY THE FUCKING LAW. I mean, it's the least they could do, seeing how they keep on calling Johnny Law on us...

Then again, the fact that they break the law is at least half the reason why we're here... le sigh.
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Pick the date in secret. That's the only real thing they can't know. As far as logistics planning is concerned, the idea has been put forth and we can come up with rough plans on how this would work in theory.

Key issues should be addressed now rather than later so that when the time for the raid IS upon us, we aren't all sitting around with our hands tied. Also, Toronto has done a 24 hr raid, so someone take the initiative to contact them via enturb and go "hey, what'd you guys do?" Here's what comes to my mind as being different than a normal raid:

Bathrooms. People will feel the need to go, and I doubt the Org is just gonna let us inside to use theirs. Where is somewhere closeby that people can go...to go? What did Toronto do to address the issue?

Lulz. This isn't just a few hours, this is 24 hours. Attention spans will waver, energy levels are gonna drop, and we will lose focus. People can not be "on" constantly, they'll burn out. Have stuff handy for downtime when Anons need to be in "off" mode.

Masks. Wearing it for 3 hours is nothing like a full 24. People napping need to be watched over to make sure they don't accidentally unmask themselves. Also, there needs to be a safe zone for unmasked activities like eating and drinking or just wiping the sweat off.

Anon presence. There needs to always be an Anon out protesting, holding a sign, doing something. No one is gonna want to get left out there, wondering when someone is gonna show up so they can leave. It can happen, I've seen it happen. Off the forums, a schedule could be compiled of when people intend to be there.

$cilon harassment/Anon safety. They'll call the cops constantly, I'm sure. We'll be there for a damn long time, way longer than in the past and safety needs to be paid attention to at all times. People are gonna get stressed out from being there, having little to do, the heat, the mask, etc and so its up to every Anon to watch out for people who might be turning into a powder keg.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:20 pm

I talked to some Toronto anons today on IRC and they had a couple pointers for me. Following reply to soldier (the comprehensive list of issues) should cover some of the biggest concerns.

anonsoldier wrote:
Pick the date in secret. That's the only real thing they can't know. As far as logistics planning is concerned, the idea has been put forth and we can come up with rough plans on how this would work in theory.

Agreed. As long as we keep the date wrapped up we're fine. Announcing this the day of or the night before even works because it's a whole day thing. If anybody has even a few hours in the day to stop by, they can... and will. Or else.

Quote :
Bathrooms. People will feel the need to go, and I doubt the Org is just gonna let us inside to use theirs. Where is somewhere closeby that people can go...to go? What did Toronto do to address the issue?

Toronto said they had a 24 hour place open nearby that they used for the bathrooms. We should find out what places are 24 hour and have someone scout that place, let them know what we're doing, and ask if we can use their bathrooms. This should be done well in advance so we know what our situation is far in advance. We're going to be drinking a lot of water, and so this will be a major issue.

Quote :
Lulz. This isn't just a few hours, this is 24 hours. Attention spans will waver, energy levels are gonna drop, and we will lose focus. People can not be "on" constantly, they'll burn out. Have stuff handy for downtime when Anons need to be in "off" mode.

As we all know (at least I know now thanks to friday's flashraid) we only need to show up to have them freaking out and shutting up into their protective layer of banners. A few anons sitting outside playing board games is useful for some of the more boring times. Could we bring a knockdown table (the kind people use for card games) and bring some cards and board games? They said they had risk and twister. Problem I see with twister is that we're in San Diego. It's already hot enough without the kind of physical rubbing up against action of twister. I don't know that it would be a great idea to do that. On top of that, I'm not aware of their sidewalk real estate but as we know not only is it important to keep in mind, it is CRUCIAL. We don't want to bother nearby businesses or the cops. The scilons know sidewalks work against us, lets not let them bring it up.

Something else that came to mind (depending on if we're setting up in front of the org or in Horton. Or maybe it doesn't depend...) is that E-Meter thing. It would rock if we could have some sort of mock stress test going on for the lulz. I don't know the specifics of something like that, but it's worth mentioning, I think. I don't know that we have the time to actually throw a legit e-meter up (not that e-meters are very legit anyway).

Quote :
Masks. Wearing it for 3 hours is nothing like a full 24. People napping need to be watched over to make sure they don't accidentally unmask themselves. Also, there needs to be a safe zone for unmasked activities like eating and drinking or just wiping the sweat off.

I think the trick is in a few things. First of all, while we need to have signs and fliers going at all times, we don't need to have a large amount of us doing it. If just two people pair off for an hour at a time, for example, and the others are there playing or doing something like that, we have a large group but most are cooling off. Presence is everything. People will ask us anyway, and I doubt we're so unfriendly as to not stop a game to answer questions (letting the flier and sign people continue on their business)

More will come soon, I'm still talking to them about it.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:35 pm

ANONdur wrote:
bring some cards and board games?
Well... I've got Risk, and ZOMBIES!!!, and Naval War, and all sorts of off-the-wall stuff.

Quote :
Something else that came to mind (depending on if we're setting up in front of the org or in Horton. Or maybe it doesn't depend...) is that E-Meter thing.
I'll spec that out tomorrow and do a RShak run to scope out the prices. The Anonymeter Mk.I will be cardboard.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm

To be honest if we can get anything with a needle that moves it'll work. The less realistic the funnier. Imagine having a table set up with some sort of air pump controlling the needle? MegaLULZ
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh yes almost forgot. Boardgames I own:
Monopoly, Scrabble (Both those weird Onyx editions), Triopoly (think Monopoly x3), Apples to Apples, RoboRally (the new version) and some more less fun games.
Back to top Go down
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Twister= lulz

the game of life (with an improvistic scientology addition) = major win Razz

E-meter - EPIC

theres bound to be some places open, and i think a PARTYVAN would be a GREAT IDEA if any anon needs to just chill, rest, eat, relax. if we can secure a party v& that would be epic, i would be willing to chip in some zorks for it, but i cannot drive it as i have no licence, if anyone is willing to join me on securing and driving v&, PM me, and we'll see what we can do. -- if we get a v&, transporting tables, games, water, food, and everything will make it so much easier for us that day.

as long as we have anon willing and able to be there and anon showing up throughout the day/night i GUARANTEE this to be epic
Back to top Go down
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:05 pm

ANONdur wrote:
Oh yes almost forgot. Boardgames I own:
Monopoly, Scrabble (Both those weird Onyx editions), Triopoly (think Monopoly x3), Apples to Apples, RoboRally (the new version) and some more less fun games.

i have Monopoly SanDiego edition and i can switch out one of the locations and make the Co$ building one of the places you can buy, but it will only be worth $1 lololz
Back to top Go down
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:08 pm

ALSO: we are going to need musics to be going throughout the protest, i guarantee my iphone/iLulz will die, and im going to be looking for a portable charger or something that will keep it going, if we can secure a ghettoblaster like ScarletBanner brought last friday it will work, also if we can hook up the partyv& with the huge speakers and keep that going across from the org, that works best, anonagi are you the one with the speakers? if we can use them we'd really appreciate it. PM me
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 am

Alright making this a bit more official...

24(?) Hour Extravaganza

When: FRIDAY, JUNE 27

Where: At the org, dummy!

Meetup Point: Horton Plaza at 11:30 on D Day.

Point of Contact: Contact me or FTP as we're trying to herd all the information together. This is extremely decentralized as there are four or five minds behind it all.

Confirmed to show:

ANONdur
ForThePeople
Roflcopter
RandomFaceintheCrowd
EpicFawkesGuy
And many many more

Questionables:

anonsoldier
DaftAnon

Alright fags here's the plan:
At 11:30 we meet up at Horton Plaza. We're going to start the day by distributing fliers and holding up signs. 2 - 3 hours of this will occur after which one group will go back to the org and one group will go mobile and flier downtown. The kind of fliering that happened on friday should be emulated as I hear it was pretty good.

At some point later later on we'll all reconvene outside of the org for some lulz and calming down. We will stay through the night and say hi to them the next morning too. We are not exactly sure when this madness will all end. There will definitely be a presence all the way through 2pm on saturday, so if you can't make it on Friday the encore will be available to you. Smile

--Checklist for raid--

Things taken care of: Bathrooms, Food, Signs.

Police notified: Who wants to be our SDPD contact for this?

Flyers made: If necessary I can print up some fliers day of. I found a photobucket with lots of fliers so I have variety on my side. Someone's bound to still have some copies of our last fliers too.

Signs made: Still have my two signs from yesterday. They're pretty good and I'll probably still use them a couple times. Anybody else willing to bring signs is welcome to, of course.

Music: This is important. Who's up for it? I have an iPod that has LOTS of music (and more if requested) and RFITC has a cable that can connect it at least to scarlet's boombox. Anybody else is welcome to bring, since batteries and/or seperation may make it desirable to have more than one.

News: This may be covered, but a 24 hour raid is hot shit. We probably want to contact some media? I don't listen to the radio much, but I know The Mikey Show (105.3) has open lines at the beginning and end of the show, and they play from about 5:30(?) to 11:30 or smth. It would be perfect to call in and let them know that we're there/incite a conversation about scientology.

Games: This we can be pretty damn open about. Post what games you can bring. We'll have a table set up to play games on. An area, in fact, for fun. If you're tired of flier shoving and sign holding, sit down and play operation or smth. (Don't worry about the placement of the table. That is actually very much figured out.)

Got any more issues that need be picked apart? Let me know in this post or in PM and I'll address them. As these issues are figured out, I'll put them in a list of things that are sorted (so as to not compromise things)

Last edited by ANONdur on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 am

If you do this, I won't be able to be there as I have some plans already.
I would be willing to bring my boombox down and let you guys borrow it though. Assuming you guys do it sometime, of course.
If you guys would ever need to borrow it send me a PM and I'll meet one of you guys somewhere on my way to where ever it is I have to go.
Another idea is computer speakers..

If I was staying around I'd also bring by Sega Nomad (portable Sega Genesis) + a large duffel bag of games.. but alas, I would not be willing to leave it behind.
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:19 am

You fagots gonna need chairs and blankets.

But considering the new zoning laws, you folks might get citations, please contact SDPD on this, as even homeless people are subject to citations for sleeping on the curb.
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:31 am

dur... this raid has soldier... add that name to the yes list
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Until I know a date/time I am a maybe at everything. Even if I can't make it, I might make it. I'll use my magic SP powers (they're as legit as OT powers) to do amazing things like enturbulate two places at once.

Night time info: Alright, its important that anyone who was there during the day have something warm to wear at night. SD drops into the 60s at night, even during the summer, and you'll probably have worked up a sweat from earlier. If possible, change out of sweaty dirty stuff into dry, clean stuff and you'll stay warm. Drink water constantly because even though its cold doesn't mean you're not using up water. If it becomes an issue about "sleeping on the streets" then night time may have to be done picket style with everyone moving about. Again, those good at checking on laws...do it.

Blankets bring from home, or purchase cheap from a surplus store, thrift store, etc. 60 is still relatively warm so with a few light layers of clothing anyone should be fine.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 5:27 pm

I scoped out (hur hur) the price of the components of an e-meter. Now I could find a decent electronics place in town that has all the stuff I need, or I can just use the intarbutts...
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:48 am

I'm going.
Because I'm bored and I don't work Fridays. I could prolly borrow the car and send brownies and blankets flowing.

Keep me updated....or I'll update myself.

The game.
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:03 am

for those people that are new. you are more than welcome to inquire about information about our next raid. the moar people that show up the better everyone feels. tho we work just fine with 6 anons and get as much accomplished as over 9000 anons could. GF masks are not a must. they are but a cosmetic item. a bandanna and sunglasses is FINE. anything to hide your facial features.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:09 am

Alright, guys. Date is up for anyone who wants to come by but hadn't seen or asked already. Lets make this good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid   TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid Empty

Back to top Go down

TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR FlashRaid
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next