San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calling all artists for a comic jam!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Calling all artists for a comic jam! Empty
PostSubject: Calling all artists for a comic jam!   Calling all artists for a comic jam! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Okay everone, listen up!

Marcab Invasion, in the spirit of Anonymous and Comic-Con, will be printing a short run comic-book. We're working with a few publishers right now to make sure this can happen, and is a great way to spread the message to people it normally wouldn't reach.

What it is: While the book itself won't be available at Comic-Con, we will however be selling it online afterwards at a later date AT COST. These will be fantastic to order a quantity of and hand out at protests and the like, with the possibility of multiple issues being released, depending on how well the reception is of this one.

This comic project will be advertised at Comic-Con 2008.

A comic jam is a comic put forth by various artists who collaborate on the book. Anonymous has some serious talent, so here is what the jam will consist of:

A short, 16 page comic with a full cover front and back, with interior black and white/grayscale interior. Standard comic size of 6.625" x 10.25"

The contents of the comic itself are open to discussion, but each page will be drawn by a different member of Anonymous. The possibilities are endless, however, we could lean towards to seperate things. The first would be basic black and white artwork submitted by various Anons, or it could be done in the form of a story regarding who we are, why we fight, or something equally humorous such as the story of what happened with Xenu or what happens when the Marcabs finally return to earth!

Potential Artists - Unless you're going to be designing the cover (SOMETHING WE NEED RIGHT AWAY), all images must be in grayscale at a minimum resolution of 300DPI.

On the bottom margin of the page you design, you can put your name, anonymous name, or a link to your website if you have a decentralized anonymous hub. Be careful not to put any information that may get you named!

Because no profit will be made on this book, anyone who contributes artwork must be doing so as a charitable contribution and as such gives up rights to the work itself excepting for the publication of the said comic.

NO photoshops. No pictures of trademarked symbols or famous people except done in a parodying way. All the art in this comic MUST BE DRAWN and cannot be stylized photographs or 'shops for obvious reasons.

Let's see what Anonymous can do! We'll be setting up a website for it as an offshoot of the Marcab Invasion later this week. In the meantime, if you wish to help, email me at anonofsparta@gmail.com or PM me here, or the forum when I get it set up later this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
newguy
OT 1

Calling all artists for a comic jam! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling all artists for a comic jam!   Calling all artists for a comic jam! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm in.

Sent a msg to anonofsparta already.

Got a biographical piece on Hubbard himself.
Although... The first draft of what I have written is about 20 panels. What can I say... the man had many misadventures! I'm guessing 3 pages would be needed.

I'll start working on some thumbnails.
Back to top Go down

Calling all artists for a comic jam!
Page 1 of 1