San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!

Go down 
+13
A Noun? A Miss!
ANONdur
gargy
RandomFaceInCrowd
EpicFawkesGuy
xenubarb
Zen
For_the_People
anonsoldier
pokanon
scarletbanner
Char Aznable
Anonagi
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:37 am

Make sure your signs have LOOOOONG handles to go over the Wall of OTs
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Does anyone have a good video camera? It's probably going to be nessicary.

If no one else has one, I have a decent one.. it's digital and has both USB and Firewire ports. The only problem is I neither have DV tapes or know where it is at the moment.

And yes, chase music IS a must. Just in case.

I have neither of Barb's signs with me at the moment, either. They're at my safehouse and I'm at my base. I will make a trip up there to get them though, of course.
I can also grab some cardboard for signs. (SOME! Not the massive overload I had at Sea Arrrgh.)
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
anonsoldier
BIGGEST BALLS ON THE PLANET

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Signs will NOT be a problem. I have my giant Sharpie of win, and I'll be swinging by Target to get more of that yellow posterboard I had. 4 was plenty for Sea Arrrgh, I think 6 or 8 oughta do us for this.

Someone should do a scouting run around the time we'll actually be out there. We need to identify what are the lit areas for when the sun goes down (assuming we're still out there at that time) and what we can do for light if that happens. Signs mean nothing if no one sees or can read them.

My camera does pretty good video but the autofocus is being a whore and not letting the camera turn on right now. Going to take it in today for repairs, hopefully it'll be on and running by Saturday but no promises.
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 4:21 pm

anonsoldier wrote:

Someone should do a scouting run around the time we'll actually be out there. We need to identify what are the lit areas for when the sun goes down (assuming we're still out there at that time) and what we can do for light if that happens. Signs mean nothing if no one sees or can read them.
if you have a headlamp that flips down, you can use double sided tape (theres tape for the underside of carpets thats semi padded and is VERY strong. ill pick up a roll at home depot.) just simply mount at the bottom of your sighn pointing up. (so your not blinding anyone looking up at it. )
or after reading this over a second time. could make a sighn out of bracelet sized glow sticks.
third idea can be glow in the dark paint with black paint over it. if were walking from lit to dark youl see it no matter what.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
anonsoldier

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Alright, my camera is offline. Can't find anyone to fix it where it won't take several weeks.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Guys, that USED to be the Naval Training Center. It was given to the city, who turned it over to Corky McMillan in a land grab of epic dishonesty. Now called Liberty Station, the Marriot is new, as is most everything there. Next time I'm out that way I'll swing by, as I'm familiar with the area. I should be. I fuckin fish there enough.
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Anonagi wrote:
Make sure your signs have LOOOOONG handles to go over the Wall of OTs

I haz a fishing pole, care to take it off my hands?
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Oh if that's liberty station I've heard of it, since they opened a new vons there not too long ago. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 pm

sorry guys, even though i would absolutely FRICKEN LOOOOOVE to be there, i wont be able to make it because A. i have work, and B. its WAAAAAY too late at night and id have no way back up to north county.

i will be a sad anon that night wishing i could be there.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:49 pm

xenubarb wrote:
Guys, that USED to be the Naval Training Center. It was given to the city, who turned it over to Corky McMillan in a land grab of epic dishonesty. Now called Liberty Station, the Marriot is new, as is most everything there. Next time I'm out that way I'll swing by, as I'm familiar with the area. I should be. I fuckin fish there enough.
Roger. I know that the [SERVICE] at the very least isn't very keen on protests; I've seen presentations by [SECURITY OFFICER] of [MILITARY BASE] of [FAMOUS PEOPLE] who were protesting [SOME HIPPIE THING] (and finding it hilarious at the time).

I've been thinking insertion-extraction ideas myself, and honestly ordering taxicabs in advance as mercenary WOG BUSES is a really good idea--if nothing else, they can serve in lieu of Bus 28 and get us back to the Old Town Metro Station, at which point we ride the rails and drop the tails (or others get other cabs, so on and so forth).

Sure, this is FLAG, and they've gotten some hits on people, but still overall their effectiveness is slim to none. Remember: we're in their head, and as long as we understand them better than they understand us, we can't help but win epically. This being said, FLAG is going to have the best organization and command-and-control, and they're definitely going to outdo us in that regard. Thus, we need to prep ahead of time so rather than relying on local C3 we have a set of "standard operating procedures" that will keep us out of trouble.

My recommendations:

#1. Air Raid protocol. People sitting down are harmless, and if we do it at the first sign of trouble, it makes troublemakers and plants stand out (see previous posts on Enturb on that regard). It's also an effective tactic against body-bullbaiting; it's really hard to get someone sitting down to run into you.

#2. Tag-teaming. If anyone's getting hot, tag them out. If we can monitor each other for getting over-emotional, all the better.

#3. MESSAGE. Lulz are great, and shouldn't be avoided, but this is a public event and it really is Us vs. Them. What we do here will immediately be taken by FLAG and spun into more disinformation and propaganda. How we present the message depends on what access we can have to the entrances; if we can get right up to the entrances, my recommendation is a silent protest of signs and banners and whatnot.

Failing that, I'd recommend OT3 lecture and public readings (non-megaphoned, use your stentorian voices) of Source concerning PTS/SP, tax-exempt status, so on and so forth. Use their words against them... and lulz can come naturally from off-the-cuff parody and commentary.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:41 am

Imma do some recon this week. Anonchar, if you're giving away fishing poles, WANT!

Can't have too many fishing poles...
Back to top Go down
EpicFawkesGuy
OT 8
EpicFawkesGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:21 pm

BALLS. I just found out I can't go because I'm busy that day. Can't say what because it would probably make it easier for scis to find me.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 12:18 am

I've been talking to [NAMES DELETED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT] over PM and [PRONOUN] has convinced me to be less SRS. Apparently this is a pass-the-plate event and not a recruitment one (no matter what the flyer sounds like), so perhaps just showing a goofy presence is enough.

Although, to get into their heads a little more, and up the paranoia level a bit... perhaps our theme for this raid should be "O I SEE WHAT U DID THAR" with googly eyes, binoculars, cameras (of course), telescopes (cardboard is fine too), and so forth?
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 am

Pretty much anything that's gonna freak them out and go "HOLY SHIT! Anonymous in mah tour??" is what we want.

Googly eyes, binocs, cameras, telescopes = all good stuff. I think another candlelight vigil for the victims of $cientology would also be great for the sheer visual impact. Plus I missed the other one due to throat thetans...

Again, we need to know for sure on music status because while I can dance to the music in my head, I prefer tunes.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 am

I'm pretty sure I'm in for saturday. I agree on the lulz. Since it seems we'd be near houses, in front of a hotel, how many people would we really reach? This is for them. This is so they know one thing...

IM IN UR TOUR...

FINISH IT!
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 am

A Noun? A Miss! wrote:
I've been talking to [NAMES DELETED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT] over PM and [PRONOUN] has convinced me to be less SRS. Apparently this is a pass-the-plate event and not a recruitment one (no matter what the flyer sounds like), so perhaps just showing a goofy presence is enough.

Although, to get into their heads a little more, and up the paranoia level a bit... perhaps our theme for this raid should be "O I SEE WHAT U DID THAR" with googly eyes, binoculars, cameras (of course), telescopes (cardboard is fine too), and so forth?

Googly eyes. I want to see, and super extended spy camera lenses. Anyone have the "Get Smart" theme?

Quote :
Pretty much anything that's gonna freak them out and go "HOLY SHIT! Anonymous in mah tour??" is what we want.

Googly eyes, binocs, cameras, telescopes = all good stuff. I think another candlelight vigil for the victims of $cientology would also be great for the sheer visual impact. Plus I missed the other one due to throat thetans...

Again, we need to know for sure on music status because while I can dance to the music in my head, I prefer tunes.

I have James Bond, Need to RS it, because I will not be able to come, oh noes.
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:25 am

This was posted few months ago when people were asking about noise laws http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/sandiego.htm

Basicly, San Diego has a fucking epic noise ordinance compared to a lot of other cities (Atlanta anyone?). Your average noise can't be above a certain decibel lvl, but the way it's worded it allows you to have periods of excess noise if you space them out from each other with long enough periods of normal noise or silence. However, You still can't produce ear damaging sound even if it's for a second, but we don't want that anyway. Now, as for the megaphone, that's completely up to the police. They use the term "reasonable person of normal
sensitivity" when talking about megaphones and we can only assume that all $cilions will be BAAAWWING about having ear damage if one of our cell phones rings a decibel above the limit. However, it also says that we can have a megaphone that is a little louder than the limit if we are 1) a licensed parade or 2) we get the police to say it's ok.

I'd say it'd be best to leave the megaphone at home. Now, as for our chants and normal voices, if you look at the chart, it all depends on what type of Residential area it is classified as. It's only a difference of 10 decibels from quietest to the loudest, but decibels are a really fucked up type of measurement. They act like multipliers so 60 isn't just a little bit louder than 50. it's Twice as loud

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html says that 60-70 is a normal conversation. and the dial tone to a phone is 80

TL;DR: Chants and yelling is ok as long as it's only a few times an hour. Megaphone probably not ok unless police say it's fine. Personally, i think what we normally do is ok. We shout a little until we realize we suck at chants, then we sing along to a song at a normal volume or talk amoungst ourselves. However, that is my personal opinion and ultimately it's the Police that decide what is and isn't ok since the law was written that way.
Back to top Go down
anonsoldier

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:14 am

Has anyone cotacted the Police? Let them know what we're gonna be up to?
Back to top Go down
undeclared
OT 1

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:31 pm

EpicFawkesGuy wrote:
I suggest we take a Taxi to the movie theaters afterwards to ward off any scilon tails, I know we will have some this run and why not enjoy ourselves while we're losing them?

Be careful what theater you go to. I sent you PM, epicfawkesguy.
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Since no one else has yet...

OPERATION: I C WUT U DID THAR

When:
21 June 2008, showtime NO LATER THAN 1730 hours but showing up early to get prepared is advised. We go until the skinjobs are all in their con at 1900 and change.

The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 Op-googly-eyes-map

Where:
the sidewalks outside the MARRIOTT COURTYARD HOTEL, 2592 LANING RD, SAN DIEGO, CA (yeah, it's C/P'd, sue me). Primary location will be the sidewalks in RED on the above map. Sidewalks in GREEN are for additional coverage, personnel permitting; failing that, we can picket back-and-forth.

Meetup Point:
Just EAST of the hotel, across LANING ROAD, dog-leg from TATTNAL LANE, there is a DRIVEWAY with a SEMICIRCULAR LAWN. It is circled in YELLOW on the map above.

Point of Contact:
A Noun? A Miss! on these boards or 4gw.ishere(at)gmail(dot)com, my Chanology e-mail.

Confirmed to show:
A Noun? A Miss!
Anonsoldier
scarletbanner
For_the_People

Questionables:
EpicFawkesGuy (depends on the timing)
Anonagi

--Checklist for raid--

Police notified: YES
The beat Sergeant called AN? AM! back and said he didn't have a problem with it. The sergeant will come around 1730 and we can talk to him then; the time has been updated to reflect.

Flyers made:
Anonsoldier may manage about 200 generic flyers

Signs made:
AN? AM! plans on making about 3-4 signs, primarily in Scienospeak
Anonsoldier has signs

Music: scarletbanner has CD STEREO
AN? AM! and ANONdur will make mixCDs

Other information:
* The theme is WE SEE YOU/WE SEE ALL. Googly eyes, telescopes, magnifying glasses, binoculars, the All-Seeing Eye of the Great Architect/NWO, whatever.
* Be aware, noise ordnances may preclude use of megaphones or particularly loud chants.
* Also, this is Flag. They have a reputation for being the Immortals. LET US SEE IF THEY LIVE UP TO THEIR NAME... for SPARTAAAAAA Mad

Last edited by A Noun? A Miss! on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:07 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:43 pm

Put me down for 'questionable'.. possible attendence depends on whether someone would be willing to give me a ride 1 or 2 miles from either my safehouse off the 15 North or command center off the 8 East.
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm planning on MULTIPASSing but one supposes that it wouldn't be impossible to, say, pick you up and drop you off somewhat near the op zone. It'd be a bit out of my way, though... 8 East? How far away is the nearest MTS station?
Back to top Go down
EpicFawkesGuy
OT 8
EpicFawkesGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:25 pm

What time is the protest? The thing I had planned for Saturday is actually happening earlier than I expected so I may be able to make it. I know the Sci event starts at 7PM, so would our "event" start at around 5-5:30 or so?
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 pm

I've got it listed as NLT 6:00 pm, but if we want to show up earlier, that's good too. Actually, once they're having their scamcon, there's no point in us sticking around... so maybe 5:00 to, say, 7:30 is actually for the best...?
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:51 pm

i will be taking the 163 south to downtown, but i could possibly swing by and grab you.... same goes with roflcptr.... rofl... message me and ill talk to you about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!   The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Flag World Tour is coming to San Diego, California next Saturday - June 21!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next